Would backdated payment be mentioned in the award letter? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Would backdated payment be mentioned in the award letter?

Options
LeeWhinham
LeeWhinham Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi,
I'm slighly confused.  I have received my PIP letter today. I had to make my application around the end of August to move over from DLA to PIP.
The letter I have received says that they have awarded me standard rate for living and enhanced for mobility. 
But it says this does not start until the 28th of November.  Which is over 11 weeks since my original application.  I know this a bit churlish of me I thought that it would be backdated.  But there is no mention of that in the letter.
I hope you can advise.

Many thanks
Lee

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @LeeWhinham, and a warm welcome to the community!

I'm unsure of this myself, but hopefully some of our members will be in touch soon and able to advise. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,266 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    Options
    When transferring from DLA to PIP there's no backdated money, even if the PIP award is higher than the DLA award. DLA continues for a further 4 weeks and then PIP starts 4 weeks after that.

The reason it's not backdated is because you're claiming DLA at the moment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.