New PIP claim, assessors report received — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New PIP claim, assessors report received

wobbles
wobbles Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hello, I wonder if those with experience of this would be kind enough to post in response. I had my face-face on 21st October and have now received a copy of the assessors report. I have added up the dots and have calculated 14 points for care and 10 for mobility. I am aware that the decision takes 4-8 weeks after the report has been received by the DWP.  My question is for those who have received their award - did the final decision tally roughly with the points on the assesors report? I'm not banking on this being the case but would like to hear first hand from those with experience. Thank you.

Comments

• pee14
    pee14 Community member Posts: 172 Courageous
    edited October 2018
    Hi @wobbles my final decision was exactly that on report it is very rare the Dwp go against the scores your assessor ticked for you. Hope this helps. 
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    I counted up mine and the DWP did give me the points the same as the dots.
    I am at Tribunal stage.
    Im not saying that they will do that with you.
    Good luck.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes 3 reports received and 3 decisions matched the recommendations in the reports. It's rare they go against it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lindadenise
    edited October 2018
    Yes it is so true but very unfair when they do not take into consideration Gps and Consultants report.
  • wobbles
    @pee14, @lindadenise and @poppy123456, thank you for responding so quickly and clearly, it's so helpful to hear of your individual experiences. 

@lindadenise, I agree with you, it's very unfair.  I know it's a difficult process and awful when medical opinion is overlooked. I think unless your medics write about how your illness affects your functional abilities in terms of the descriptors, the DWP doesn't take it into account. I'm sorry you've had to fight through to tribunal stage and I wish you a good outcome.  
  • Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Same here, all 3 reports and decisions tallied exactly.  Does the report reflect your needs accurately?  Would you be happy with an enhanced care/standard mobility award?  
  • lindadenise
    Thankyou i will let you all know how i get on dreading it to be very honest.
    I was supposed to go tomorrow but tribunal has adjourned due to not having Dr not being available to sit on the panel. So im back to waiting for a new date.
  • wobbles
    Thanks for your reply @Tardis. Yes, apart from a few minor observations, I agree that the report reflected my needs accurately. I'd be more than happy with enhanced care and standard mobility.
  • wobbles
    @lindadenise, that must be really frustrating for you. I hope that you get a new date soon and make sure you look after yourself in the meantime.
  • lindadenise
    Thank you they stress you out and make people ill with worry so unfair.
  • chiz
    chiz Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    Hi @wobbles i had my report and descion a couple of weeks ago the points where the same only difference was assessor recommended 2yrs and the dm gave ongoing xx
    Goodluck 
    Ellen x 
  • wobbles
    Thanks @chiz and congratulations on your positive outcome.
  • wobbles
    Hi, I just wanted to post an update. I received my award letter today and to my relief I was given enhanced daily living and lower rate mobility until 2020. This reflected the points on the assessors report. 
    Thanks again to those who gave feedback on my original question.
  • chiz
    chiz Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
  • lizzieloz30
    lizzieloz30 Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
    edited November 2018
    Hi @wobbles congratulations on your success! Can I ask what area you  from in U.K.? I'm from Greater Manchester & had F2F on 25th Oct & not had decision yet, so could be back logged in my area. 
  • wobbles
    Thanks @chiz ?

@lizzieloz30 I'm right down south. Don't worry, the HCP and the DWP both said 6-8 weeks for a decision. I had my face to face on 20th October so I'm sure you'll hear soon. New claims and tranfers from DLA seem to have different waiting times.
    I hope you have a positive outcome.
  • lizzieloz30
    lizzieloz30 Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
    edited November 2018
    Thanks @wobbles yea he they said 6 weeks to me but then it moved upto 9 weeks. I'm a first time claiment of PIP so they did say it should be looked at quicker. Thank You 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    There's no timescales for decisions. The time they tell you is just a guide and nothing more. Back logs is just one of the things that can delay a decision. Ask for a copy of the assessment report, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.