Are we all going to get moved onto universal credit ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Are we all going to get moved onto universal credit ?

Options
Angiebabes2410
Angiebabes2410 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
Well I still haven't heard about my Pip appeal Tribunal yet and my mobility scooter is still causing me problems in my flat since they told me they were going to remove it from the communal hallway without further notice and they were going to destroy it but they still haven't told me whether they are going to give me permission to erect a shed or not this is more than a month now because the day of the removal of the scooter was week commencing the 17th of September, I read somewhere that those of us who are on ESA are going to be put on to this universal credit I don't even know what that is but I read it would be a lot less money because we won't be in a support group they already screwed me over when they told me there was a break in my claim from Incapacity Benefit to ESA even though there was no break they didn't have to give me a migrating claim so they didn't have to pay me the same amount of money so I lost about £60 a week if they do this again I will lose the money from the support group each week I don't know how they expect us to manage when they are causing problems with the DLA to Pip also can someone please explain how this universal credit works

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,025 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Those that claiming the old benefits will not have to move to UC until at least 2019 but most likely much later than this, unless a change of circumstances prompts a move across. When we are eventually moved there will be a transitional protection in place to make sure we are not any worse off than we were when we claimed ESA.

If a change of circumstances prompts a move before that that it's possible that you will be worse off but this will depend on circumstances.

At the moment there's nothing to worry about.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness