45 minutes late and counting - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

45 minutes late and counting

13»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Always twisting the situation.... 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    And it is so much more important to kick a poster for possibly failing to have phoned at the time you say they should have (do you know what her son's appointment time was exactly?) than even to criticise the assessor for not having the courtesy to phone and apologise for non arrival!   
  • siobhan1
    siobhan1 Community member Posts: 79 Pioneering
    edited October 2018
    Yadnad said:
    Tardis said:
    yadnad, our last appointment letter said they would arrive between 9 and 11.  So when exactly are they 5 minutes late?   

And the last time I phoned the DWP it took over 45 minutes to get through...
    I would be on the phone at 11.05am to the assessing company AND the DWP wanting to know where the hell this individual was. And if it took 45 mins to get through I would make a point of telling them the time it has taken for them to answer the call and asking them to note on the files that you are not happy with all of this messing about and the time you made the call.

I recently worked in a DWP contact centre for two years. I'd just like to say that you are probably wasting your time telling the advisor you're unhappy with call waiting times. They're already aware of how long you've been waiting because they get regular emails if it goes over about 20 mins, asking you to apologise if someone complains. (They have busy periods and times when you are sat twiddling your thumbs doing admin for hours between calls so there's no point putting more resources on phones as it balances out.) If you arent happy with call wait times it gets noted that you are not happy if you ask them to do that but no action is taken for the reason above.

Also if you are on the phone for 45 mins waiting you may miss a call from the assessor or assessment provider explaining why theyre late so it's probably better to call the next day as originally advised.

I noticed on another thread you say something along the lines of assuming peiple are lying because you dealt with the public in your gov job. I would just like to say that as a civil servant I knew colleagues who thought like yourself and I did the opposite. I always gave people the benefit of the doubt and even stood up to team leaders who said things like "99% of claimants are liars". Part of why I left is the attitude of mistrust of people who haven't done anything wrong - those types of personalities can wear you down when you're already ill. We would get evidence of hardship and people would scrutinise it to the point of wasting 3 hours on one letter to try and find some hole the evidence. I found that most people who were like this were obsessed in some way because they had illnesses or debts themselves and thought people were getting something they weren't. Just my opinion.

I totally agree with the original advice of calling tomorrow (today) and hope that you get it sorted OP. I can't imagine the anxiety of waiting in and nobody turning up... it's not on at all!
  • Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Yes I called the assessment centre after an hour and was on hold for 30 mins and no I didn't call sooner incase they tried to call me but anyway their system is still down and they said the assessors use the same system and that's probably why but try again after 4 and they might have an answer 
  • topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    @Firefly123 hope your son is ok today and yourself ,unless help is need in areas which they need to ask questions to heip people  on here ,no one should have to explain / justife  themselves  unless its in a court of law , police , solicitor
  • Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    I hope your son has a better day today.  And I hope you can take some time out to look after yourself.
  • Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    He's still in bed says he's just so exhausted and dreading the thought of having to go through it all again
    Thank you @topshoes @Tardis
  • topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    @Firefly123 i bet he is and you are exhaused too,  we are always here for you  if you need to talk any time x
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    This post will now be closed, some comments have been removed due to direct breaking of the community guidelines and we have emailed those members directly.  If anyone has any questions about this then please feel free to get in touch on community@scope.org.uk
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.