Hi everyone — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi everyone

lixsharp13
lixsharp13 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
Hi everyone   ive got my date for a re assessment with pip due to my condition worsening. I get standard at the mo and ive been advised by my gp to apply for enhanced. Has anyone any tips or advice or any idea what qs they might ask me?  Im just as nervous this time as i was the 1st time around. Thanks for listening.

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Firstly you cannot apply for the basic or enhanced rate of PIP the acessor at your face to face acessment will make an acessment of how your conditions fit the PIP descriptors in your daily life. After the acessment a report I’d sent to the decision maker who on reading the report will award you either basic or enhanced rate for daily living or mobility. When you filled in your application form for PIP you answered the questions in paper form an at your acessment you will have to demonstrate and justify your answers given in the application form. O no account do any movements exercises that cause you pain or discomfort to you condition. Good luck.
  • Gwendoline1
    Gwendoline1 Community member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    Hiya lixsharp13, There are many very knowledgeable people on here who will give you some very valuable advise. I can only tell you how it was for me and how I felt on what they call a reconsideration.
    I was also awarded standard on both for 3 years but within 10 months my health had deteriorated and I was finding everyday living,tasks and walking becoming very difficult or impossible. 
    I made the difficult decision to re apply in February. I had help from CAB to fill the form in and off it went. I was worried sick if I’d made the right decision. Over and over in my head I worried that had I done the right thing, I kept thinking should I have been grateful for what I had. Even so I knew I had to re apply because of how I was. 
    Finally in June I had my assessment, really nice hcp,over the course of approx 45 mins she asked me many questions. What I will say is you need to take care with answering these question, how they affect your daily life eg. How restricted it makes, how your condition affects, how maybe you can no longer do things because of it.
    The experienced people on here will tell you it’s not about the condition, it’s how it affects you and restricts you. The people I mention will explain in more detail than I can, I’m only trying to give you an inside how it was for me.
    I worried myself sick, like everyone does after an assessment. I kept going over the same thing should I have been grateful for what I had.
    Finally after many phone calls to see if a decision had been made and it had. I had been awarded enhanced on both for 10 years. Relief, relief, relief it was over and it was a great result. It’d never advise anyone what to do, only you know. Its very stressful, it took me to very dark places in my mind and so many times along the way  I wished I hadn’t gone through with it. 
    I hope the knowledgeable on here will give you some valuable advice, because preparation is key to delivering on your assessment. 
    I don’t want to put you off, I’m just trying to show how it could can affect you. So prepare yourself and good luck. ???
  • lixsharp13
    lixsharp13 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    Thanks everyone x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.