Losing PIP Mental Health element of claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Losing PIP Mental Health element of claim

Options
brendarogers
brendarogers Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Could anyone please advise me.. Having nervous breakdowns for the past 30 years I was approved for DLA 20+ years ago which was then approved again for PIP Mental Health payments. Due to my last assessment where MH element was ignored I lost the payment but was too ill at the time to deal with it due too the breakdown in 2014 and having being left with no future support or care plan after my discharge from hospital. How do I get help to have it re-instated as I have struggled and lost my home because of this?? Your help and guidance would be really appreciated. Thank you. Brenda. 

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Could anyone please advise me.. Having nervous breakdowns for the past 30 years I was approved for DLA 20+ years ago which was then approved again for PIP Mental Health payments. Due to my last assessment where MH element was ignored I lost the payment but was too ill at the time to deal with it due too the breakdown in 2014 and having being left with no future support or care plan after my discharge from hospital. How do I get help to have it re-instated as I have struggled and lost my home because of this?? Your help and guidance would be really appreciated. Thank you. Brenda. 
    I too have mental health problems that directly impact on my life. Apart from the DWP deciding to agree with the three assessment reports (2013, 2015 & 2017) that I do not have any mental health problems - the assessors came up with 14 reasons for saying that, the lack of NHS support is disgusting.

They closed down my Mental Health Day Service Unit in 2002 saying that all care for the mentally ill will be carried out in the community. Well from that date despite the assurances given, I have not seen or heard from anybody.

My GP keeps up with the medication regime that was decided by my psychiatrist at the time over 16 years ago!! I came to the conclusion that you have to work your problems out by yourself.

As a note I was last discharged from Section in 2002 and was told that my wife has to care for me!!
  • brendarogers
    brendarogers Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    I'm sorry Yadnad that you don't get any support but as you said, we have to go it alone to learn what the world has to offer.. nothing. It was my doctor who told me my choice was to take a pill or deal with it and it was the best advice I'd ever been given that was 4 years ago. I have over the past 4 years dealt with it all very much on my own.  I Lost my job my partner my home my family my friends my benefits and I live out of a few bags of clothes I have from the charity shop. Now my anger has simmered I can see everything in life for what it really is... superficial and cold and I was naive to believe anybody cares past their pay cheque needs. I will have to start my life again at 49 years old, which I will because I have two dogs relying on me and a friend that has proved he has a hugh heart to keep us off the streets and safe for a year. He has shown me it takes just one person's true unshakable friendship too keep you alive and I will make him proud of me again. I don't need anybody or anything and I owe this world nothing. Just get through each day the best you can my good man and care about yourself and I hope above all else you have that one person to keep your faith in you xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.