From dla to pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

From dla to pip

Scooot09XXX
Scooot09XXX Community member Posts: 50 Connected
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Still heard nothing from my manatory desission . i have been put on higher antidepressants and diazapan for my stress as my museles are all tensed up my depression has got to a stage were i realy dont want to continue with this terrible life i feel violated having to explained my situation for over 30 years i just start forgeting whats happend then have to go through everything again they have everything on computers so why do the keep asking you to recall everything 

Comments

• Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    I understand the worry and frustration. I am still waiting for my desicion and stressing also.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Scooot09XXX I am sorry to hear you are having such a tough time, do let us know when you get your decision.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Scooot09XXX
    Hi eveyone recived my manatory desission today never got it said i can do everything myself feel depressed said my meddication had stayed the same for several years  so it was undercontrol my mental state was normal even though ive sufferd ptsds for a number of years  also i had no musel wasteige to my uper arms or legs said i made eye contact throughout said i hadnt taken any anxity meddication to which i take eveyday anyway i just dont no how much more stress i can cope with sorry for spurting everything out
  • topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    Hi @Scooot09XXX i am so sorry to hear you are low , yes they go over and over the same things  again ,its not nice it does everyones  head in but they know that ,  it humiliating and degrading ,but we all know this what i am stating , please  do not  give them the satisfaction to think your  stressing  over any of this, as [ im not ] every single one of us knows what its like  and we are here to help each the best we can , so if you want to talk just give us a shout . x
  • Scooot09XXX
    Oh topsshoes im so depressed i realy dont no how i can cope waiting for an appeal citizins advice said she would start the ball rolling today for apeal and when i recive my form get back in touch so dont no anything.she wasnt realy botherd over the desission that id recived just said i dont need that i dont even no were im getting this form from .
  • topshoes
    edited November 2018
    @Scooot09XXX please dont be i know its so hard for you ,just forget it  for now , put it out of your mind , have you got a partner or family at all , to let them know how you are feeling to make you feel better , you will be ok  ,  do all the usual things  you do ,and dont think about any of it ,i would ask citizins advice were you get the form from. x
  • Scooot09XXX
    Yes i have 2 daughters that do everything for me as im in agony most of the time and been depressed quite a long time due to domestic vialnce  and have to keep being reminded of it  also ptsds it effects me diferent ways eveyday the citizins advice said when i get the form phone her she said shed get the ball rolling today so not sure if shes going to get it sent to me or ive gotta get it. 
  • topshoes
    that is nice you got two Daughters to look after you , ,who keeps reminding you of that then what happened to you , so sorry about  all what your going through .yes think you do need to phone them so you know whats what . x
  • Scooot09XXX
    I phoned dhss and they said i have to download a form the esa and pip ask all kinds of same questions they have on there files from years just as im trying to get on with my life i have to start explaining everything thats gone on in my life exhausted feel ill thinking about things 
  • topshoes
    edited November 2018
    yes all sort of things can trigger things what you have  tried to put back of your mind  , even many years back  , ok well at least you know now how to get your form  thats one thing out of the way for you not to worry about.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    I phoned dhss and they said i have to download a form the esa and pip ask all kinds of same questions they have on there files from years just as im trying to get on with my life i have to start explaining everything thats gone on in my life exhausted feel ill thinking about things 
    That to me is the worst part of dealing with the DWP - having to reopen those doors to the room where all of your fears are held. Half the time I wonder if they do that on purpose to rake all of the bad thoughts up to upset people. Personally I refuse to let anybody into my dark room of fears - they were put away in there in order that I could try to rebuild what part of my life was left. even when I used to talk with the psychologist if they were getting to close I would divert the subject to something else that I could talk about. Eventually I became an expert of avoidance and distraction. I had to as I knew that if I let them out I would become totally uncontrollable and quite possibly violent.
    Then I hear the DWP will expect you to forget how you have had to change to adapt your life. They want you to revisit how you were before you adapted.

Downright cruel in my opinion. 
  • Scooot09XXX
    Thanks yadnad realy dont no how long i can keep this up i feel depended on my daughters and the only thing that keeps me going is my dog shes with me morning noon and night i would not be here if it wasnt for her i feel like im a burden on my daughters they should be out enjoying themselves but no there scared to leave me on my own ive been to hell and back i dont think i can do it much more its not just loosing my dla well pip now its the phyisical and mental drained stress from reliving a lot of things 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm so sorry to hear things are tough, @Scooot09XXX. I'm sure many others will be able to relate to how you're feeling, and I hope it helps to know you're among others who understand. How are you feeling today?
  • Scooot09XXX
    Thank you pipa
  • Scooot09XXX
    I have a appointment with my mp on tuesday does anyone no if this will help also my doctor is seeing me on a weekly basis because shes conserned over my mental health 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Your local MP won't be able to help your claim for PIP. PIP is about how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities against the descriptors.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Scooot09XXX
    Ok thanks poppy 
  • Gwendoline1
    Gwendoline1 Community member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    Hiya Scooot09XXX,
    My heart goes out to you! Please stay strong, your daughters are there for you because they want to be.
    When those doors that I’ve closed,have tried to be opened, my precious dog was there cuddled up to me and I would be crying to him. I too have a supportive family but at times I needed to say things that I couldn’t say to my family,similar to speaking on here. I wanted to protect them, like no doubt you do with your daughters.
    There are some brilliant people on here who can help you in so many different ways. Stay strong and gave that wonderful dog of yours a big, big cuddle from me.
    Im just your everyday person, but if I can help, you’ve only got to ask. ???

• Scooot09XXX
    Thank you so much xxx
  • Scooot09XXX
    Sorry to be a pain my freind has ready my assesment. And she says theyve only worked on my mental health theres no mention of my fibomealga or osteo or my 3 lowerstoff disc they refused all down to my mental health said my meddication hadnt been changed for several years well my doctor had changed my antidepressants the week before my refusel 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.