Are the assessments recorded? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Are the assessments recorded?

stephen1878
stephen1878 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
The reason I'm asking is i had my assessment and was rejected. I asked for the Mandatory Reconsideration which was also rejected. However looking through the reasons i now understand why. The person doing the assessment  basically lied about every single thing. I honestly thought i was looking at the result of someone elses interview. 
Almost every single thing i said she put the opposite. I was already incredibly stressed by it all and now i'm mad too. I'm not even sure there any point complaining to them because i doubt they'd take my word over hers without proof! which is why i was wondering if they recorded each interview?
I'll hopefully get to the tribunal stage but even then i dont hold out much hope because of the lies. I've been on DLA for over 10yrs and now magically after one interview I'm basically told I'm fine and I'm a liar!
Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Comments

• topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    edited November 2018
    Hi @ stephen1878 a warm welcome to you , i am so sorry to hear all of this , o yes she was calling me a liar to my face , so i do not give out much hope for me, raising her voice to me to have told my dr so it is logged
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Assessments are not recorded. Claiming DLA for over 10 years doesn't automatically entitle you to PIP. It's not about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the descriptors.

Only 17% of MR decisions change and most people have to take it to Tribunal. Evidence wlll be needed to support your claim and the evidence needs to state how your conditions affect you.

I'd advise you to contact your local welfare rights, law centre or any other advice centre near you who will help and advise you further.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • stephen1878
    HI,

Assessments are not recorded. Claiming DLA for over 10 years doesn't automatically entitle you to PIP. It's not about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the descriptors.

Only 17% of MR decisions change and most people have to take it to Tribunal. Evidence wlll be needed to support your claim and the evidence needs to state how your conditions affect you.

I'd advise you to contact your local welfare rights, law centre or any other advice centre near you who will help and advise you further.

Good luck.
    No, i know being on DLA for any period doesn't entitle anyone to anything. I mentioned it just because it's as if one interview cured me of over 10yrs of living with my conditions. 
    I have an appointment next week with my local citizens advice. Hopefully they'll be able to point me in the right direction. 

Thanks,  i appreciate the reply and advice.
  • stephen1878
    topshoes said:
    Hi @ stephen1878 a warm welcome to you , i am so sorry to hear all of this , o yes she was calling me a liar to my face , so i do not give out much hope for me, raising her voice to me to have told my dr so it is logged
    I'm sorry to hear that. 

Thankyou for the welcome and the reply. I wish you well in your claim.
  • topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    you are more then welcome @stephen1878 i wish you all the very best too let us know how things go  x 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.