Will the government look at our PIP mobility claim again? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will the government look at our PIP mobility claim again?

Harrys31
Harrys31 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My son has autism and started recieving pip payments last year at the enhanced rate, he did not receive anything for mobility, however due to his severe condition restricting him from travelling on public transport or even going out by himself I was hoping with this defeat by goverment last year claims for mobility would be looked at again for people with mental health conditions. Is there anything we need to do re this or do we just wait and see if they get back to us? . Thanks for all your help...Harry

Comments

• Mumof2ds
    Mumof2ds Community member Posts: 147 Pioneering
    Welcome @Harrys31

ImI new to the PIP stuff too, but sure someone will be on soon to advise. 

Wealth of information on here. Everyone's great. 

Politeness costs nothing, but goes a long way in life. 
     Always look out for each other. Be kind. 
     Hugs and smiles mean the world. XX 
  • topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    edited November 2018
    Hi @Harrys31 and welcome,  someone see you post and they come and advice you , you have  came to the right place.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Harrys31, and a warm welcome to the community!

I believe the DWP would get in touch with you directly if this were the case, but hopefully our other experienced members will be able to clairfy this for you. If we can be of further assistance in the meantime, just let us know!
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi

As things stand, DWP are reviewing past claims for people with mental health problems.

They are not contacting the claimants, you should be notified once the review has taken place.

It would be worth calling PIP helpline to confirm the above.
  • Heidi415
    Heidi415 Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
    Hi @Harrys31 Welcome to the Scope community. I recently had my PIP reviewed and I can confirm the DWP are finally taking in to consideration people's mental health difficulties when looking at the mobility component. Now my claim was due for renewal anyway so that is why I have heard back so soon but the DWP are reviewing all claims to identify who is affected by the change. 

So I would just hold back a bit and wait because you do not want to kick start the reassessment process. They will contact you and if your sons claim isn't up for renewal, it will not have a negative impact on his current award of enhanced rate care. Hope this helps ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.