Trying for mobility again — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Trying for mobility again

Options
swanmark
swanmark Community member Posts: 13 Connected
Hi Guys, this has all come about because I am trying to get my Blue Badge renewed. They keep moving the goal posts, I was first told I had to get a letter from my consultant to confirm my walking difficulties, which has taken since March to do, because consultants are far to busy to write trivial letters. so anyway got the letter, but I have now been told that because I only had 4 points on the pip mobility section, (which was a big surprise has I am in a wheelchair and attend the pip exam in the chair) I now have to go back to the DLA to try and get the higher points. My question is this, does anyone know the success rate of going back to the pip exam a second time. because I telephoned them and they gave me a serious warning that I could lose my PIP altogether if I had a review, which as scared me and put me right off doing it. my problem is I have developed Diabetic Neuropathy in my left foot and lost most of the feeling, so my condition has worsened since my last pip exam. but I really don't know what to do, but my life would be so much easier with a blue badge. Any help guys, thanks in advance. 

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2018
    Options
    If your decision letter is less than 28 days old you can ask for a mandatory reconsideration.  Otherwise I suggest you get f2f advice from CAB or similar, or local authority welfare rights.

• swanmark
    Options
    I did that right after the assessment but they denied it, my original assessment was 2 years ago
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Only 17% of MR decisions are successful and most have to take it to Tribunal. Had you done this then your chances of success would have been much greater. As you're now outside of the 13 month time frame to do this, my advice on your other post still stands. Expert advice is needed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • TonyMon
    TonyMon Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Options
    How the hell did you get 4 points in a wheelchair?? I got 4 and can work more than 50M but no more than 200M
  • swanmark
    Options
    That’s exactly what they gave me, obviously they don’t give a damn, they get a bonus for everyone they take off mobility 
  • Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Options
    Who supplied the wheelchair?  If you have wheelchair services assessment paperwork then I would apply for a Blue Badge under the 'with further assessment' route using that as evidence.
  • swanmark
    Options
    It’s my own had it for a few years

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.