Hi, my name is gill2018! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is gill2018!

gill2018
gill2018 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hello everyone. First timer here but I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gill2018 welcome to the community!

Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • gill2018
    Hello,
         Yes, well, about me? Not a lot to tell really. I am a pensioner, live alone with my 3 cats in Hull. I now have only 1 son. My youngest, Scott, died 3 years ago at the age of just 37, and I miss him loads. I am trying to find out a few things about PIPS. I got a letter from the DWP yesterday saying they couldnt pay me anything as I didnt have enough points. I put in for a Mr R over the phone but not sure how that will work out. I was on DLA for some time due to health issues but none of that seems to matter to them. So now I am getting no pips (as yet) and no DLA. I am very worried about things. If you want to know anything else, just ask :) I dont bite!!!
  • Ami2301
    Hi @gill2018

I am terribly sorry to hear your son passed away, have you been receiving any emotional support?

Sorry to hear you are having issues with PIP, you are not alone in this as many members within our community face struggles with PIP and other benefits on a daily basis. Have a look at the discussions in our PIP, DLA and AA message board.

Check out how to appeal a DWP benefit which may be helpful! 

Also, have you tried our benefits calculator?  It’s a handy tool that helps you to find out what financial support you may be eligible for!

Do let us know if we can be of any further assistance! :)
  • gill2018
    Hi Ami.  No I havent been receiving any support. I saw a Cruse councellor for a few weeks but she didnt really help. Since then I've been on my own. I cant sleep, tired all the time, and just feel generally lost. I was thinking of seeing my doctor to see if he could refer me to someone. I dont want pills though, I take enough of those for my medical conditions as it is, and now this. I dont need any more anxiety, I'm struggling as it is.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gill2018

I’m very very sorry to hear about your current problems with your Benefit’s.

Have you got a local “CAB” as they will be able to offer you some help & assistance????

Yes your “GP” would be very helpful as well.

Please please let me know if I can help you further????

• Ami2301
    I felt exactly the same regarding medication for depression and anxiety. They have helped me massively but it’s entirely your decision.

Have you tried the Samaritans? You can call them (free) on 116 123 or you can email jo@samaritans.org if you ever feel low.

There is lots of support out there, it’s just finding the one that best suits your needs :)
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @gill2018 I am so sorry for your loss.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • gill2018
    Thank you Sam. Nice to meet you.

Brightness