ESA tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA tribunal

Options
befuddled
befuddled Community member Posts: 14 Listener
New forum member here.

I had my tribunal for an ESA claim on wednesday. The judge and doctor present were very sympathetic and listened to all I had to say.
The DWP didn't send their rep to sit in and listen.
Due to a legal complication and in the words of the judge 'this being a very unusual case' he has adjourned the case and wants the DWP to give evidence pertaining to a couple of points that were bought up.

I was placed in the work related activity group but I didnt appeal against that for over 12 months (obviously the appeal was still accepted) DWP is being asked to explain what work related activity I was given since being placed in WRAG and if I wasnt required to do any, why I wasnt expected to undertake any activity.
The DWP must clarify which activity I would not have been expected to undertake.
I attended a single interview for JSA and the respondant must show details of all activity undertaken and asked of me in respect of the JSA claim. The JSA claim was turned down on the same day as the interview if i remember rightly as it was income based and partner works for 21 hours a week.
Does this sound good from my point of view? The DWP has 21 days to respond!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.