Parents, carers and disabled parents
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

My carers have walked out on me I have no staff

lock32lock32 Member Posts: 2 Listener
My carers have walked out on me I have no staff. Social services are not helping very much. I'm having to sleep on the recliner settee as I cant get in and out off bed with out help. I dont know where else to turn


  • steve51steve51 Member Posts: 7,175 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lock32

    Good Morning it’s great to meet you today!!!!!!

    I’m very very sorry to hear about your current situation/problems.

    We have got a “helpline number” 
    which will be a good starting point for you.
    ”0808 800 3333”

    Please please let me know know if I can help you further?????
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,614 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lock32 welcome to the community!

    I am terribly sorry to hear what has happened, have you contacted your local council?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • lock32lock32 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Yes Iv contacted local councel and I they said is cos i co funding go in to my bank and higher my own staff then it me that has to find my own PA cant go to agency as the money wont cover what hrs I need.  I did phone out of hrs last night they offered me 2 days but only moning call. not sure what happens after this number open today 0808 800 3333
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,614 Disability Gamechanger
    I have just found this page on Age UK regarding issues with care, at the very bottom of the page is their contact number which is open everyday until 7pm. Worth a try. If not, come back to us and we will try to find another solution :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • thespicemanthespiceman Member Posts: 6,408 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @lock32 Pleased to meet you welcome.

    Sorry what has happened. Something to look at is The British Red Cross website. They do care and support in the home.

    You can self refer yourself. Either that or though your GP. Have a look .

    Hope that helps.

    Please take care

    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
Sign in or join us to comment.