From dla to pip - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

From dla to pip

2»

Comments

• Scooot09XXX
    Scooot09XXX Community member Posts: 50 Connected
    Is there any chance i can get my medical paperwork from the hospital to say how many times ive been at a/e in if so how do i get themxx
  • Scooot09XXX
    My mp has asked me to bring my mr desission over to his office on tuesday with any other documents he said hell do all he can to help x now im confused am i waisting time plz
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Contact your GP he/she may have copies of the letters if you were admitted to hospital. If the letters state how your conditions affect you then they'll be useful as evidence. You'll be able to send them to HMCTS, either when you send the SSCS1 form or at a later date if you can't get them in time. Remember the 28 day deadline for the SSCS1 form.

As the decision on the MR has already been made then it's too late for this stage now.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Scooot09XXX
    No its for my appeal x
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2018
    Yes, appeal as in Tribunal? I see by the comments above that the MR decision remained the same so you're at Tribunal stage.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Scooot09XXX
    Sorry poppy so its no use going to my mp xx and would i be just better to re apply for pip xxx
  • poppy123456
    Your local MP won't be able to help your claim for PIP. PIP is about how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities against the PIP descriptors. You have to prove those descriptors apply to you with evidence to support your claim.

I don't advise re applying for PIP because doing this and using the exact same evidence you used for this claim will most likely see another refusal, especially so soon after being refused.

You need to request the Tribunal and stay with this claim. Get evidence that states how your conditions affect you and send that to HMCTS.

I'd also advise getting some help with this and contact welfare rights or another advice centre in your area.

• Scooot09XXX
    Thanks so much poppy sorry for being a pain i have a citizins advice worker she said she hadnt recived nothing from the md and she should of got it the same day as me as there post had just arrived x
  • Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    MPs can help, with cutting through some of the red tape/computer says no stuff.  I'd keep the appointment.  But Poppy is right in that a welfare rights advisor would be more use for the appeal.
  • poppy123456
    If you've been refused then your MP can't help you qualify for an award.
  • Scooot09XXX
    Poppy im so sorry dont mean to be a pain on my manatory desission they only consentrated on my mental health nothing about my other problems same as the asseser did thats why i was thinking of doing another pip aplication .i carnt make any sence of the citizins advice lady as she saying because she never got a letter on the same day they havent made the desission on her letter only on the one my daughter phoned to complaine about im so confused .thats why i keep going on i seen the citizins advice lady for around 10 minuites and she wrote a few things on a peice of paperwork .and said you wont understand this but i do there must of been 10 words if that she didnt even want to see my report on my letter said ill start appeal tribunalxx 
  • Scooot09XXX
    I dont even no what she wrote on the form they said it had nothing on my form about mycurved spiderman or anything but i had a letter from specilist and doctor there saying i need no help with anything 
  • poppy123456
    If you mentioned all of your conditions in the form when you filled it out then my advice still stands about taking it to Tribunal and not starting a new claim. You've had the MR decision letter which didn't change the decision so now it's Tribunal.

Did you send any evidence at all to support your claim? It's you responsibility to send the evidence to prove those descriptors apply and not their responsibility to prove you qualify.
  • Scooot09XXX
    Yes i sent them all poppy thank you for your help ill keep you informed .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.