Mandatory reconsideration failed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory reconsideration failed

Cat39
Cat39 Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
I just hear back and my mr has failed, I've not got it again.
They didn't say why this time just over and over that I'm not getting it, at first they said I can't have it because I have gcses....

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,321 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. Only 17% of MR decisions are successful, so most people have to take it to Tribunal.

You now have 28 days to request the Tribunal and you need to fill out the SSCS1 form and send it to HMCTS along with the MR decision letter.

See link for information.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cat39
    How long will it take to hear back for the hearing date? I'm really scared I'm going to be stuck in a loop, I'll go to the Tribunal, possibly get pip but then have to apply again almost right away and I'll be stuck going round. :(

• poppy123456
    Some areas have huge backlogs and can be anything from 8 months and more. Some people are waiting 1 year for a hearing date. Once they accept the Tribunal you'll be able to ring and they will tell your approximately how long the wait it... but it's only a guide.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Cat39
    If that's the case I'm not sure if it's worth trying with it anymore
  • poppy123456
    If you believe you qualify then it's always worth taking it to Tribunal.
  • Cat39
    I think I do and I've been treated pretty unfairly by them, I've also filed a complaint and got a very rude response back. I'm just worried I'll get jt and then have to go through it all over again, since I've could get it for a year and then have to apply again. ..
  • poppy123456
    If the Tribunal goes in your favour then it will depend on the award length of time. Tribunal awards for PIP aren't reviewed 1 year before. DWP contact you 3 months before the award is due to end, for you to claim again.

Complaints very rarely have a response.
  • JulesA65
    JulesA65 Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
    I have heard in the majority of cases, decisions are overturned on appeal. So it is worth appealing. My hubby and I are now waiting for the outcome of an appeal. Our MR was also rejected
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Cat39 said:
    I think I do and I've been treated pretty unfairly by them, I've also filed a complaint and got a very rude response back. I'm just worried I'll get jt and then have to go through it all over again, since I've could get it for a year and then have to apply again. ..

I have had 3 face to face assessments and each time I received 0 points. I asked for a MR and the first two were changed from 0 to enhanced care & mobility. For the 3rd one it wasn't changed - still 0 points.

Like you I felt as though it was a roundabout with re-assessments taking place every other year. No sooner did the DWP change the first two decisions I was back on the wheel again looking forward to the next face to face assessment.
    Being 70 the thought of all the delays involved in appealing it was possible that by the time I had got to the appeal hearing the next re-assessment was due - and all of this every other year until I die? No way.

I had enough, my health just wouldn't hold up for all of this carry on so I just finished with the benefit.

Mind you if anybody comes along and takes over the appeal then of course I will let them as well as helping with the next lot of paperwork for the next assessment. Chances are a fine thing - there is little professional help out there in my area.

Best of luck with what you decide to do.
  • Yadnad
    If the Tribunal goes in your favour then it will depend on the award length of time. Tribunal awards for PIP aren't reviewed 1 year before. DWP contact you 3 months before the award is due to end, for you to claim again.

Award lengths can be as short as 9 months and as long as 10 years, but the average is 3years with a review after 2.

• Yadnad
    If you believe you qualify then it's always worth taking it to Tribunal.
    Yes provided that your health and well being can hold out.
  • poppy123456
    Yadnad said:

Award lengths can be as short as 9 months and as long as 10 years, but the average is 3years with a review after 2.

Tribunal decisions aren't reviewed 1 year before the award ends, as i previously stated.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.