appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

appeal

boboc
boboc Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi can anyone tell me how long do i have to wait for my appeal, had the letter to say i can appeal 

Comments

• markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    From start to finish around 12 months in some areas
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    I have waited 23 weeks, i did have a date to attend last week but it was postponed due to a Dr not being available to sit on the panel.
    So i am back to waiting.
  • Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    I sorry to tell you, but the answer to your question is simple. How long is a piece of string? I'm not being flippant, I'm just stating a fact of the appeal system. I appealed in January 2018, my appeal was heard 16 August 2018. I know of another case where from filing the appeal to the hearing was just 5 months. Similarly, I know of and have heard off appeal dates as long as 13 months from date of appeal. A lot of it is to do with where you live. 
    One piece of advice, if I may, if you do appeal, once you receive the acknowledgement from HMCTS give them a call, they will give you more information, and sometimes an indication of how long it will take to HEAR about an appeal date. If you require any advice regarding appealing, please come back to the forum. Good Luck.
                             Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to!
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi boboc,

Give the tribunals service a call and they will tell you how long PIP appeals are waiting in your area. You can also ask for a short notice hearing if you haven't done so already as you may get a quicker hearing this way.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• gazza123
    gazza123 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Definitely call the court they get cancellations ..I did ...Its a fight and a struggle ..Just my advice fight fight fight ! ring DWP daily ring HMC all the time !! I had my Court Hearing in August Just got Backpay even though DWP haven't even got the Courts Statement of reasons YOU MUST KEEP KEEP KEEP calling  !!!!!!!!!!
  • boboc
    boboc Community member Posts: 9 Listener
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    gazza123 said:
    Definitely call the court they get cancellations ..I did ...Its a fight and a struggle ..Just my advice fight fight fight ! ring DWP daily ring HMC all the time !! I had my Court Hearing in August Just got Backpay even though DWP haven't even got the Courts Statement of reasons YOU MUST KEEP KEEP KEEP calling  !!!!!!!!!!
    To a certain extent yes. But the more times that you call the more times that others are waiting longer to get through. Have a thought for others, there is no point telephoning every other day.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.