EAS(IR) form for my daughter with learning difficulties — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

EAS(IR) form for my daughter with learning difficulties

bevan
bevan Community member Posts: 2 Listener
My daughter is on ESA and now she's had a form to complete EAS(IR) she lives at home with me, she has learning difficulties as well as some physical issues why is she being sent this form, its says we don't have to submit it but when we didn't they sent us a letter to remind us to comply  

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,319 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Those that transferred from Incapacity benefit to ESA were automatically placed onto Contributions based ESA and weren't assessed for any income related top up.

DWP have realised their mistake and are now contacting all those that maybe affected by this. The form you've received is because of the underpayment. You should fill it in with all of your daughters details, savings/capital ect and return it. If she's entitled to any income related top up it will be backdate to the date she qualified. The form is a good thing not a bad thing. Once it's been returned DWP will contact you once a decision's been made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bevan
    bevan Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    thanks I'll take a look at it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.