I have felt so isolated going through the ESA reassessment process — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have felt so isolated going through the ESA reassessment process

Options
irisflower
irisflower Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have felt so isolated going through the ESA reassessment process so I hope you don't mind me joining the community, thankyou 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @irisflower welcome to the community!

You are not alone as many members within the community face issues with ESA and other benefits.

Do let us know if we can be of any assistance! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • irisflower
    irisflower Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for your welcome @Ami2301! I've already been reading some interesting posts by people who are going through similar things to myself. Its very helpful and I'm already feeling not as alone!

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great! Do let us know if you have any questions! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Singing
    Singing Community member Posts: 135 Courageous
    Options
    Yes I got a pink form sent to me recently, I'm not sure if it was for pip or esa, but it wanted me to write out the whole thing from the start, again, I files it out and sent it back. Does anyone know if the pink form is a pip or an esa reassessment, please?
  • topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    Options
     Hi @irisflower a big welcome to you .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Singing said:
    Yes I got a pink form sent to me recently, I'm not sure if it was for pip or esa, but it wanted me to write out the whole thing from the start, again, I files it out and sent it back. Does anyone know if the pink form is a pip or an esa reassessment, please?
    Hi,
    This form is the ESA50 form for re-assessment and not PIP. Evidence will be needed to support your claim and another face to face assessment is most likely, as most have them. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Singing
    Options
    Hello,

Ok. Thank you, that is what I seem to remember it being.
    May I ask is there any reason for a reassessment, as I didn't have any warning about it. I had not been able to get to my PIP face to face assessment because I got lost on the way. But now I can assume this is a separate issue?

Thank you for letting me know. I will try to get evidence, the trouble is I get taken off the services for a mental health condition because in all honesty I found it very difficult to work with. My support worker has sent me a one line letter twice saying I am discharged, she is overworked and I find it difficult to engage with, so that makes sense. Perhaps I should contact her again.

Thank you.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They can reassess you for ESA at anytime, unless you're placed into the severe conditions group after this next reassessment. Most people are reassessed anytime from around 3 months and up, some go longer between reassessments.

Not attending your recent PIP assessment will have nothing to do with the ESA reassessment, as they are different benefits.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Singing
    Options
    Oh I see, thank you very much.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.