Autism? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Autism?

jazza22
jazza22 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2018 in Autism and neurodiversity
Hi my daughter jasmine is waiting to be assessed by autism awareness jasmine is 9 years old she has signs of autism I'm so scared sometimes 

Comments

• ClaiireLouiise
    ClaiireLouiise Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    Hi @jazza22.

Welcome to the community :) Good to have you here, nice to meet you  :)

?Look for something positive each day, even if some days you have to look a little harder ?
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jazza22, and a warm welcome to the community! Great to have you here.

Wishing you all the best for your daughter's assessment. If you have any concerns about the process, you may like to talk to our Autism and Asperger's advisor @Jack_W!
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jazza22 welcome to the community!

Have a look at our Autism and Aspergers discussions which may be of help to you. You can read about other members experiences and hopefully gain some support.

Do let us know if we can be of any further assistance! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Jack_W
    Jack_W Scope Member Posts: 19 Courageous
    Hi @jazza22,

Here to help if there are any questions you have in mind on anything autism related.

Jack :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jazza22

It’s great to meet you this afternoon.

Please please don’t feel scared we are all here to “help & support” each other.

If there is anything that I can help/support you with please please let me know??????
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2018
    Welcome to the community @jazza22 :)

The National Autistic Society have loads of really useful information on their website that might help?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • alibabi67
    alibabi67 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    Hi,
    please don’t be scared, I have two sons with Autism, one aged 10 (diagnosed at 4) and one who is 20 (diagnosed at 18) my eldest son is in university in his second year and my other son is doing great too. You will find that even with a diagnosis nothing will change, you will continue to do what you are doing. Make use of support groups to chat with people, you may find a local one on Facebook. 
  • red1
    red1 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    I understand my daughter is 20 and autistic and other mental issues she is doing well im so proud of where she is today she works in a special school of a dinner time and enjoying it she tries her best to her ability 💖 
    My son 13 im waiting for an assessment for autism its a long road and hard at times he is really struggling with life atm he don't eat, has sensory issues and hates school 😢 xx I feel helpless most of the time xx 

Brightness