Waiting times for pip review in south wales — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting times for pip review in south wales

Saracen
Saracen Community member Posts: 66 Pioneering
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all 
Just a quick note to anyone in south wales wondering about the waiting times for a decision.
I cant clarify this but just quote my personal 
Experiences I filled in my review form in july I had my assesment in august they recieved my report on the 22nd of august been ringing on a regular basis rang on friday 2nd nov they told me they are looking at the assements recieved last week in july and first week in august she said I should hear in the next 3 weeks about the decision so in all so far its been 2 months 10 days .

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for sharing @Saracen :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Saracen
    You are very welcome
  • bbp
    bbp Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi @Saracen, i sent my sons pip forms back 24 july and haven't heard a thing from them. No news is good news eh ? Good luck with yours x 
  • Gwendoline1
    Gwendoline1 Community member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    Hiya Saracen,
    Im from Wales too,mine started in February when I sent the form off, having my assessment at the beginning of June to then having the decision towards the end of August.
     I’m sure that someone may put more light on this ,I'm not to knowledgeable about benefits so here we go.
    Each time I rang ( believe me there was quite a few times ) I’d be told a slightly different story 
    ‘ We’re on the 2nd of June ( this was at the end of July) so there should be a decision at the end of the week’,
    Usually ‘ it’s with the decision maker’
    To ‘ it shouldn’t be long now’,
    They are on the end of May.
    Many more alternatives was given to me until I asked one of the advisors ,why I’ve been told different reasons and one of the advisors said ( and someone may correct this ) ‘ when you phone, your call is in a queue, so basically anywhere in the country will take your call’.
    Cutting a very long explanation short, don’t listen to what they say.
    This too may be a fluke, my hcp said it will take 8 weeks for a decision and believe it or not it did.
    Its a guessing game albeit very frustrating.
    Good luck and hope you hear soon.???
  • Saracen
    Hi bbp
    Taken in to consideration gwendoline1s post it looks like 12 weeks is about right with the backlog in wales 
    Good luck and my best wishes hope u get the result you want .
    But I was also told again today that in wales they have recently taken on more decision makers and are now working weekends hope urs is sooner then .
  • Saracen
    Thank you for the reply gwendolin 1.
  • Gwendoline1
    Gwendoline1 Community member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    You are welcome, again good luck ???
  • Saracen
    A nice quote for u all

“I am bent, but not broken. I am scarred, but not disfigured. I am sad, but not hopeless. I am tired, but not powerless. I am angry, but not bitter. I am depressed, but not giving up.”
  • Saracen
    Hi @bbp sorry my fault I misunderstood u I thought your son had an assessment in july sorry teach me to pay more attention but its normally after talking to alot on here taken between 8 to twelve weeks to have a assessment but if its been this long perhaps they will do a paper decision for you so your son wont need a f2f  I sincerely hope thats the case for your son .

AND BEST WISHES HOPE ALL GOES REALLY WELL FOR YOUR SON AND YOU.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2018
    To be honest there's no timescales. Even after a face to face assessment has taken place. If a report is chosen for audit and it happens at complete random then a decision time will take even longer than the predicted times.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bbp
    bbp Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    @Saracen I really hope so, it's horrible waiting for that brown envelope to fall on the mat x wishing you all the luck x 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.