Do DWP decision makers over rule assessors reports a lot? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do DWP decision makers over rule assessors reports a lot?

Options
13»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,039 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    ESA can re-assess you anytime from 3 months regardless of the award guide they tell you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Spibes
    Spibes Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
    Options
    Yep that's correct twice I've been given a year award but both times it's varied once for 13 months and this award barely 10 before reassessment. 

Just gotta get on with it but the stress almost killed me last time, positive vibes this time I wont let them get to me. 
  • atd1984
    atd1984 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    Hi I had my Pip  assessment on the 21/12/18 I’ve got the report but in the mobility side of things they said I walk aided with  crutches and can walk up to 200m this is not true I can’t even walk past 50m so I’m scared that I’m not going to be awarded the mobility side of it but I scored 10 points in the report for care witch I feel should be more can the  decision maker see the assessment is wrong on the mobility side and change it to I can olnly walk 50m aided as that’s what I put in writing and in writing ot dose say as such in the report regards any help much  appreciated thank you 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,039 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

It's very rare for them to go against to report, usually they go with it and award what's recommended. You will of course need to wait for the decision. If you're not happy then you can request the MR followed by Tribunal if that fails and most do. Do be aware that when asking for the MR then they will look at the whole decision again and not just part of it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • atd1984
    atd1984 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for your reply I’m aware it can go that way and they do look at the whole claim again I sopose I’ll just have to wait and see I hope it’s good news as I did only score 4 points on the mobility side of the assessment regards 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.