Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Options
Bluechris05
Bluechris05 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
Hi again well it’s been a few weeks since I ask pip to look at my claim again.its been very hard on me to get about since they took my car off me I’m not able to go out much I can’t walk far and just the other day I had to go to a Doctors appointment by the time I got there I needed to go on a Nebuliser has I couldn’t breath I just like to know what I should do or who can help me with pip to get my car back who do I contact for help ? 

Comments

• Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    Options
    Some questions? Were you on DLA mobility before PIP? Did you have a Face to Face with a PIP assessor? If so, what did you score on the mobility descriptor. Lees than 12 and you are on the lower rate of mobility. Have you requested a Mandatory Reconsideration after the DWP decision? provide the forum with this information, and the members will certainly be able to offer advice. Good luck
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It sounds from your post that you have moved from a DLA to PIP, the two benefits use different criteria descriptors when awarding the points to work out youraward level. PIP is about your abilities as you will have informed the DWP of  these difficulties you have in your daily life. And at your acessment the acessor questioned you about them to fit the descriptors to your abilities you declared in your applecation form and those that where evident and visible at the acessment by the acessor, if you have scored a lower amount than what you think you should have been awarde then you must appeal in the stated time frame by phone and follow it up in writing explaining why you think the decision is wrong using the acessment report as a guide working your way through each question.
  • Glen76
    Glen76 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    If you had PIP since 2013 but lost it due to having to reapply you are entitled to money to help purchase an alternative car
    https://www.evanshalshaw.com/motability/help/lost-motability-allowance/

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.