Hi, my name is victoriafinney! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is victoriafinney!

victoriafinney
victoriafinney Community member Posts: 22 Connected
Hi everyone! Im a 38 year old mother to one. I have diagnosis of ptsd, bipolar, psoriasis and psoriatic arthropathy. I've been trying to find support from facebook groups but they are poorly managed and I have been subject to some outrageous treatment. Im not getting a lot of family support other than my wonderful partner. Im quite low right now. In a quite a lot of pain. Would just really like to pass the time with people who understand the battles we fight daily and maybe learn new things too!
I hope everyone is good (but I get that sometimes even okay would be acceptable) and hope to get to know you all! 

Comments

• victoriafinney
    Hi everyone! Im a 38 year old mother to one. I have diagnosis of ptsd, bipolar, psoriasis and psoriatic arthropathy. I've been trying to find support from facebook groups but they are poorly managed and I have been subject to some outrageous treatment. Im not getting a lot of family support other than my wonderful partner. Im quite low right now. In a quite a lot of pain. Would just really like to pass the time with people who understand the battles we fight daily and maybe learn new things too!
    I hope everyone is good (but I get that sometimes even okay would be acceptable) and hope to get to know you all! 
  • ofme
    ofme Community member Posts: 18 Listener
  • victoriafinney
    Hey @ofme How is your night going? Im up. In discomfort again. Luckily I have a ? to keep me company because everyone else is s sleeping!
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @victoriafinney welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you’re feeling low, we value each and every member of our community :)

Looking forward to chatting with you! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @victoriafinney   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.  Sorry what has happened to you on Facebook support .

You have come to the right place for support, advice, information. We are a friendly community.  Care and share. 

Plenty of new friends. We as a community have community house rules.  If you care to look at those to reassure you.

Please ask the community any thing. Some one will know.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • DoriFish
    DoriFish Community member Posts: 45 Courageous
    Welcome @victoriafinney
    I'm also sorry for your fb experience
    You should not get that here as we all have problems
    And experienced others not understanding & dismissing our struggles
    Hope you find others suffering similar problems & share anything that can help you
    Stay strong

• Alybongo65
    Alybongo65 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Hi ?? I’m also new and funny like yourself was am on Facebook pages which are ok but definitely very conflicting and to many admin with power issues .i joined yesterday after searching endlessly for some advice and come across scope ..I’m hoping to get some advice ...we have a couple off similar issues , hope you feel better and get support that you need ?
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @victoriafinney :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @victoriafinney

Good Morning it’s great to meet you today.

You will find us to be a
    very very welcoming/friendly 
    bunch on here.

Please please dive in & if you require any help & assistance please please let me know?????
  • victoriafinney
    Thankyou everyone! What a lovely welcome! Yes some fb admin do have power issues. I have recently been thrown out of a group for correcting an admin on what medical cannabis is and is not. He threw a tantrum and told me he had been breaking the law for years smoking "hash" and knew better than a young un like me (I am actually the same age as this guy I just don't look as old probably because Im not a user of illicit substances and alcohol!!)

Its experiences like that that put me off the groups. The disinformation some fb admins put out is shocking!
  • victoriafinney
    Hi ?? I’m also new and funny like yourself was am on Facebook pages which are ok but definitely very conflicting and to many admin with power issues .i joined yesterday after searching endlessly for some advice and come across scope ..I’m hoping to get some advice ...we have a couple off similar issues , hope you feel better and get support that you need ?
    It would be lovely to  get to know you better. Out of interest which portions of hell make us neighbourinos?
  • victoriafinney
    Ami2301 said:
    Hi @victoriafinney welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you’re feeling low, we value each and every member of our community :)

Looking forward to chatting with you! :)
    You also!
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @victoriafinney welcome to the community! :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness