Pip change in circumstances — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip change in circumstances

Options
beccijay
beccijay Community member Posts: 31 Connected
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone can help me regarding change in circumstances with pip, I sent my form back and they received it on the 16th, I have been told it is with a decision maker on the 26th October however I called today as have had no contact with the dwp and it's still with a decision maker they have said I mate not need a medical, can anyone advise how long it will take if a medical is required or if they will just .make a decision off the evidence that has been sent in? T.i.a

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @beccijay I am unsure however other members of the community may know and will be in contact with you shortly :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • beccijay
    Options
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    In my own change in circumstances I had to fill in a new PIP application form and have a F2F acessment as my mobility had changed. Over the previous 12 months. Maybe your change is more evidencedental and predictable or expected considering your disability hence the delay on your amended award and the possibility of a ME. 
  • beccijay
    edited November 2018
    Options
    @wilko thank you for reply, I was only assessed in June but my health has gone down hill so is had to inform them, I sent the form straight back but am waiting to see if I need another assessment but it's taking forever, I thought if I needed another f2f I would of heard but all I get told is it's with a decision maker so I'm very confused and anxious, how long did it take you to get a f2f after sending your form back 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My change was over a period of 12 months since my first PIP acessment, so as we are duty bound to inform DWP of any changes I did just that and was informed I would have to reapply and have a F2F  which happen within 6 weeks of sending off the form but the award letter took 10 weeks to arrive taking into account Christmas, but having received the acessment report I knew I would be moved to the enhanced mobility rate but had to wait for the official award letter. 
  • beccijay
    Options
    @wilko Ok thank you I'll wait a bit longer and hope fully should hear something soon xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Most people have a face to face assessment, it's rare to have a paper based decision but it can and does happen. Having a paper based decision doesn't mean you've been successful, it just means there was enough of evidence to complete a paper assessment. Being with a decision maker means the report has been returned from the health assessment providers.

For PIP you must have had the conditions for at least 3 months.

You can ring DWP and ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • beccijay
    Options
    @poppy123456 I haven't benefit a f2f yet so I can't ask for a report, was wondering how long it takes to get a f2f 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's always a report written, whether you've had a face to face assessment or not. If you haven't had a face to face assessment and your report is with a decision maker then it's a paper based assessment that you've had.

Are you 100% sure you've been told it's with a decision maker? Usually once the report has been returned you receive a text message saying the report has been returned to DWP,  if you put a mobile number down on the form. Then once they have all the evidence they need they either text you or they'll write you a letter to tell you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • beccijay
    Options
    @poppy123456 yeah they told me it's with a decision maker, I put my mobile number on which I usual get a text to say they have received my form ect but didn't so I called and they confirmed they had and appollogised and said it's with a decision maker 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.