UC50 they have requested my medical records — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC50 they have requested my medical records

Options
lizzieloz30
lizzieloz30 Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
edited November 2018 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi,

Spoke to UC50 people today & they told me they have written to my Doctors for my medical records, to make a decision on whether I need to come in for a WCA or not. Is this good or bad?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,994 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

It doesn't mean anything other than they've requested a report from your GP. Most people have a face to face assessment, it's rare to have a paper based assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    After having my PIP acessment I was due to attend a  WCA but when I enquired about transportation I was told a dession had been made and I was placed in the support group.I have had all my medical records requested for insurance purposes which was an on going success. 
  • lizzieloz30
    lizzieloz30 Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @wilko I had my PIP assessment on the 25th October, just waiting for a decision. 

The UC50 form should have been sent out to me months ago, as i've been submitting sicknotes for most of this year. They kept fobbing me off with excuses & in the end I went mad and they ended up sending me the UC50 form out and apologised it hadn't taken so long. 

They received my UC50 form back on the 25th October & they have now said they have written to my doctor and then they will make a decision if I have to have a f2f or not. 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It up to your doctor on how quick the reply is sent and the information sent will be the deciding factor as to if you hav a F2F.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.