Waiting for decisions is sending my anxiety through the roof — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting for decisions is sending my anxiety through the roof

lizzieloz30
lizzieloz30 Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
Hi,

This waiting for a decision is driving me nutty. It's all I think about all day & at night. I know it's out of my hands & what will be will be, buts it's part of my condition. I feel ill in the head & want it all to be over. 

Comments

• Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Have you phoned the DWP to ask for a copy of the assessment report?  It might be a while until a decision is made, but the report should tell you which way the decision is likely to go.
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    I understand the anxiety and mine drove me crazy for the 4 months it took for them to make a decision. Sorry I have no better advice than to try to ignore it.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • lizzieloz30
    lizzieloz30 Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
    Hello. 

Yes I have last Monday. Still waiting for it to arrive. Even that's stressing me out.

Kind Regards
  • Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    I know it's no comfort, but it seems like there are a lot of people in the same position at the moment!  Just ridiculous delays with the whole system.  You have done all you can for the moment.  I hope you hear soon.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.