Appealing son's LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appealing son's LCWRA

onlygirl
onlygirl Community member Posts: 19 Connected
edited September 2018 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi everyone, going to appeal early November with son. He is Diagnosed ASD, ADHD and Dyspraxia. He has been placed in the work preparation group with LCW.
I've submitted substantive evidence regarding his vulnerabilities however after f2f meeting it was decided he could prepare for work.
I've asked the work coach what work they have in mind for him and they have no idea...there are many discrepancies in his statement of reasons and because he can play Xbox games, do general sweeping of the home (I have no idea where this came from) and can use a computer he can prepare for work. After looking at his commitments it's now changed from looking for work for 25 hours a week to no work related requirements.
Hes in supported education with a EHCP.
Now 20 years old.
I'm wondering what our chances are of him winning his appeal.
All his reports state constant prompting, nit been able to stay on task.
Not aware of dangers and doesn't travel anywhere alone.

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.