pip enhanced mobility backdated issue — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip enhanced mobility backdated issue

Options
Vic1990
Vic1990 Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My husband received a pip letter awarding him mobility. The letter states his award starts on the 19 October 2016 when his claim started, in fact it states it 3 times in the letter however they only backdated it to march 2017 which is when the law changed. the backdated was at least £100 short of the correct amount from march. Can I challenge the backdated amount?surly if it states the award is dated 19 October 2016 then that's the date it should be paid too. Also we have missed out on 2years of motability car scheme and have paid thousands of pounds more to have use of a vehicle can I ask for them to put us in the same financial position I would of been in had he been awarded pip in October 2016 as stated in letter. Have already complained to dwp.

Comments

• Heidi415
    Heidi415 Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
    Options
    Is this about the mental health and mobility court case? If it is, everything I have read states any money owed will be backdated to November 28 2016 or to the date you were awarded if it was after this date. 
  • Vic1990
    Options
    Yes it's due to change in law from March 2017, but states awarded from oct 2016. I contacted pip today who was also confused I'm waiting for someone to call me back to see what will happen about the 5months difference. 
  • Vic1990
    Options
    Think I've worked out what the confusion is caused by, when my husband was reassessed in 2016 he lost his mobility rate, which I asked to be looked at again because of his epilepsy, however it was refused. 19 October 2016 is the date his payment changed 
  • Heidi415
    Heidi415 Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
    Options
    I am really confused about this too. I was fortunate enough to have a paper based review earlier this year and I have been awarded mobility for the mental health part. On my award letter it says 'Now I've made a decision we may owe you some money'.

Now my award was based on information on my review form and also the previous one. Plus whatever evidence they requested from the health professionals involved in my care (I did not supply any because I haven't got any so I don't know what they used). My health hasn't changed since my previous review in July 2016 so I am confused about the may part. Surely they do owe the money based on that fact alone?

Next I am unsure about the dates this mobility part will come into payment. On one part of the letter it says from 11/7/18 which is when I was sent the review form. In another it stated they will backdate the money I am owed from 16/10/18.

A couple of days after receiving my new award, I recieved an updated ESA award because a change of income (due to the additional PIP) and that states they calculated it based on my income from 27/7/16 which is when I was first reviewed.

And finally to add even more confusion I received a PIP payment yesterday that does not add up to the correct amount owed from any of these dates. I am waiting for the letter explaining what this payment is for. Back to stalking the letterbox for me ?

Please let me know how you get on. Thanks 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.