Underpayments — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Underpayments

karen1958
karen1958 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi Everyone
I am My Son's Appointee for Dhss purposes, I received a form about four weeks ago wanting to know about any savings from 17th August 2012 until the present day,I had not been contacted previous to the form being sent so not sure if this related to the ESA underpayments, My Son has been recieving Contribution based Esa and is in the support group Since being moved from IB, My Son gets Enhanced Mobility and care PIP Not sure what to think can anyone help me shed light on this please

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,353 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

It's a mistake made by DWP for those who were moved from IB to ESA. Being automatically placed onto CB ESA without being assessed for any income related top up. Savings/capital, living with a partner that works or other income related to your son (not yourself) are all things they will assess for the income related top up. If he qualifies then money will be backdated to the date mentioned in the letter.

There's no timescales to how long this will take but DWP will contact you when a decisions been made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • karen1958
    Thank you Poppy123456
    My Son Lives at home with Myself and His Dad he doesnt have a partner or savings and investments, Will have to wait and see, XX
  • poppy123456
    Support Group CB is £110.75 per week. Add on the Enhanced disability premium to that for the Income related top up and he should be receiving £127.15 per week, slightly less in previous years.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • karen1958
    He gets £112.00 per week Poppy123456 so it looks like he may qualify for underpayment 

• deanjroach84
    deanjroach84 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    i recieved a 50 page form to complete regarding back payments to 2014 ...... i was wondering how long it takes before you hear any thing back??? 
  • poppy123456
    Could be several weeks or more.
  • karen1958
    Hi Everyone
    Just thought i would update you on IB to ESA Underpayments
    I filled My Sons form in and sent it back , I had not heard from DWP up to today so decided to phone them and ask if i needed to send anything,The lady i spoke to was lovely and explained that although they recieved the form 8 weeks ago it hasnt been processed yet and it can take up to 12 weeks, They have a back log of 30.000 cases to deal with,at least i know my Son is on their system and his form hasnt gone astray.
  • herbie1986
    herbie1986 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    Your form may have gone to a different processing area as mine has been done with in 4 weeks £12669.25
  • karen1958
    Oh Wow that is Brilliant herbie1986 i am pleased for you.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.