Psoriatic Arthropathy — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Psoriatic Arthropathy

victoriafinney
victoriafinney Community member Posts: 22 Connected
Hi all.
I have been suffering with joint pain for about six or seven years and got diagnosed with PsA about seven months ago.
I am STILL waiting to be seen by rehumatology after all of that time due to my GP failing to action two referral requests from dermatology and in that time have become wheelchair bound.
Im not going to lie. I feel let down. Angry. In pain due to no treatment of my condition.
I suffer flares very frequently and each one leaves my body more damaged than the last. Nearly every joint in my body is now affected and I cannot straighten one leg at all.
I have no Idea why. Or why I can't straighten my leg.as i have never Had a scan of any kind done, so I have no idea whats going on with my body. All I know is I hurt every day. 
No doctor has explained the condition to me. Everything I know I have had to look up. Lots of things make sense now but a lot is very confusing.
And most of all its scary. Everything I read terrifies me. im only 38. I don't want this. I hate being treated as if I have some form of brain injury. I can think just fine! Its my body letting me down! Not my brain!
I hate not being able to do as much as I used to for my adored child. I wish it would all just go away.
Most of all I am lonely. I have not met any other adult sufferer in person. I find facebook too adversarial in my pained state. Everything grates.
I would love to chat to others with this condition!

Comments

Brightness