Hi had my wca today, how long until I hear? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi had my wca today, how long until I hear?

gerrys6
gerrys6 Community member Posts: 175 Courageous
hi all i havent been on here since the beginning of the year after my last round of pip and esa assessments.!!
had the esa yearly assessment after being put in the wrag group last year today seened to go ok tho who knows did seem a bit peeved on that question of how far could i walk in 5 minutes i said well not far because i walk slow (have arthritis had an op in march) on my knee anyway that was that then at the end said i got a touch of vertigo though the doctor said take nothing wsnt concerned she seemed to think that i might have to be seen by the doctor abd go through a whole another assessment (this one took hour and half) becayse she says its neurological? Anyone else had this anyway after confirming it didnt impact my day she left it there. 
I went in with anxiety deoression stomach problems arthritis im wracking my mind for if i said the right things i also wrote a letter to the decision maker about my reasons for my mental health now im wondering if that was wise too. 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad it seemed to fo okay @gerrys6, fingers crossed for the outcome you're hoping for!
  • gerrys6
    Tbh I’m worried now I also was asked how the medication affected me and I shrugged I think !! I know I certainly never said that it makes me tired like it does. 
    Cant remember either if I mentioned the vertigo in the handwritten letter to the decision maker! 
    How long until I hear if I remember rightly last time it took about three months after the reassessment. 
    Is it a good idea to send anything else in can’t think what though ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,905 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I think we all start thinking about what we could or should have done or said during a face to face assessment. The nerves usually take over and we forget so many things, which is why putting as much information down on the form is always better.

As you've had the assessment now it's most likely too late to send anymore evidence, this should have been done when you returned the form.

There's no timescales to decisions, it depends on backlog in your area. Once the DWP have received the assessment report back you can ring to ask them to send you a copy. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • gerrys6
  • Ripples
    Ripples Community member Posts: 189 Pioneering
    @gerrys6 It's kind of like  how long is a piece of string? I had my assessment  and didn't get a decision from them for 8 or 9 weeks . The previous one to that I heard within a week

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.