Coming to terms with Aspergers - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Coming to terms with Aspergers

2»

Comments

• vysvader
    vysvader Community member Posts: 133 Courageous
    edited November 2018
    Strange... If you seem to think that the US govt institutions are strange on the UK ground then you can also consider that your daughter is misdiagnosed (only you know what's exactly written in the papers), you can consider that she got a strange diagnosis and will be getting an inadequate approach. Otherway, if in her papers is written that she has been having a high functioning ASD then it doesn't really matter because Asperger Syndrome really is an HFASD.

I'd read that many UK physicians use the US-based system, I don't comment on the reasons or anything else around it. 

Another way, in the criteria, there's explicitly written, that Asperger Syndrome shouldn't be diagnosed if it doesn't cause any serious troubles and rather of the undiagnosed adults with AS live a normal life, the vast majority of adults with Asperger Syndrome is not diagnosed at all because there's no real reason (it dependents too on the environment, in a great size). 
    You can feel free to get in touch 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2018
    @vysvader how dare you suggest my daughter was misdiagosed!!! i fought for 14 years to get a diagnosis for her and i don't need the likes of you suggesting otherwise. The way she's affected by her ASD doesn't even suggest she has aspergers!! She was diagnosed with ASD NOT Aspergers.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • vysvader
    edited November 2018
    I'm sorry if the in-text citations of the institutional sources and my interpretation of the criteria make you feel challenging. However, the topic was and still is about the criteria for Asperger Syndrome, so don't wonder the replies from us. That's the purpose.
    i fought for 14 years to get a diagnosis
    Hm, interesting, I really didn't know. So for 14 years, the medical practitioners didn't wanna give her any diagnosis at all (even the lightest version, Asperger Syndrome) and, suddenly. Thnx for the explanation, now, it's definitively clear. 
    The way she's affected by her ASD doesn't even suggest she has aspergers!! She was diagnosed with ASD NOT Aspergers.
    Your messages and the discussion topic about Asperger Syndrome, it suggests it, there are multiple direct associations. 

I said that Asperger Syndrome is a part of ASD so till now, technically, there wasn't any dispute about it (and now, you say that it isn't a part of the autistic spectrum), but if you want and it must be then..., yes I agree, how else... 

Best regards
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger

You know absolutely nothing about my daughter and the way her conditions affect her. I do not have to answer to you, which is why in cases like this the ignore button is the best feature. You're now on my ignore list!! good night!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • vysvader
    edited November 2018
    Thnx. No, I don't know and that's why I'd never written about 'your daughter', only saying (what didn't oppose you but you don't accept) that Asperger Syndrome is an ASD (as a cat is a mammal, as a subgroup/item in its group), Asperger Syndrome belongs to ASD, but anxiety belongs to mood disorders (as a dog, cat, bear belong together, but not a fish). However, I (and Geoark) said that the DSM 5 is the criteria in the US, therefore, deductively, it's not the ICD 11 criteria in the UK (as Paris is the capital of France, therefore, deductively, it's not the capital of the UK). 

I don't really know your daughter and, also, none can psychoanalyze anyone via a mediator, mediated speech, interpretations, associations, rendering, connections of actions with motives, the motives itself, etc... from her/his relatives/friends. The telepathy isn't possible, correctly? Yes? None of her relatives/friends can really know what she thinks/feels and why she does what she does. In fact, It'd be a psychoanalysis of the relatives/friends. She isn't her, you are... 

In a constructive manner, I welcome your decision if you can't find another way how to hold on a constructive discussion. And, also in a constructive manner, I agreed and tried to collaborate after you joined me in the discussion, not oppositely. I see it pointless to oppose you in any discussion because instead, I might spend my time working on something progressive (not regressive), something better what doesn't have to save the planet or anything such 'high' but minimally, it'll be good for me (e.g. my work).

Best regards

Brightness