Pip payments — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip payments

twiggs
twiggs Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi was wondering if anyone can help me.Got a letter today saying my pip is stopping from the 3 November as I no longer meet the requirements after a f2f appointment, I have rang and asked them to relook at it.i have seen some answers but still not sure is pip payed in arrears.I had my payment on the 2 November so was wondering if am still due a payment in 4 weeks thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, it's paid 4 weeks in arrears so you should have 1 last payment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    You need to put the MR request in writing stating what you disagree with, where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Don't just ring to request the MR. Evidence will be needed to support your claim, if you didnt send it for your review.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • twiggs
    Okay thanks the person I spoke to today said I can send any more evidence within the next 4 weeks I have a text saying they are reviewing my claim even he could not believe I was turned down 
  • poppy123456
    Which descriptors are you disputing? do they know which ones and your reasons why? You can't go into much detail over a phone call, which is why it's always better to put your request in writing.

More evidence will only help if it specifically states how your conditions affect you.
  • twiggs
    Yes the living element.i explained on the phone what I don't agree with and why.they are sending me the report they got he understood that I have good and bad days and it was more likely a good day when I was seen.he could not understand why I didn't get my pip continued from what I told him he explained that these people we see in the f2f appointment don't see everything even my son who is 13 said but mum I have to help you sometimes 
  • poppy123456
    There's only a 17% chance of the decision changing at MR stage, which is very low. To give yourself the best chance of being in that 17% you need to put it in writing and send your relevant evidence with it.
  • twiggs
    Thank you will do and going to see my GP this week to get them to do me a letter
  • poppy123456
    Unless it states exactly how your conditions affect you a letter from your GP carries very little weight. GPs just don't know how we're affected against the PIP descriptors. They can only give information about diagnosis, treatment and medications.

Infact  on my daughters PIP review form that i have here, it says what to send and what not to send and a letter from a GP is on the not to send list.
  • twiggs
    Okay will look into it will still speak to my GP as they understand what is happening and the effects it has on me 
  • deanjroach84
    deanjroach84 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    am i able to get an Emergency Payment or STBA of my PIP? 
  • poppy123456
    am i able to get an Emergency Payment or STBA of my PIP? 
    I highly doubt that. Are you waiting for a decision on a recent assessment?
  • deanjroach84
    ive had an assessment yesterday for LCWRA on my UC 
  • poppy123456
    UC and PIP are totally different benefits and one doesn't affect the other. A PIP claim won't increase your UC payments because the premiums aren't paid on UC. Claiming PIP doesn't automatically give you LCW. 

For the UC assessment, wait a week and ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report. Good luck.
  • deanjroach84
    thank you for all your support and help, i will give with them a ring a next week and request a copy of the report.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.