Do the DWP make up there own rules? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do the DWP make up there own rules?

Shlbly
Shlbly Community member Posts: 136 Pioneering
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Have done everything was advised to do, complained to IAS aka Atos, who then told us in August to contact DWP, got this yesterday! [letter removed by moderator]

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    The the DWP does not make up rules as it goes along or to cover their tracks. You maid your complaint to the acessment company who are contracted by the DWP to conduct acessments and report back to the DWP their findings as set out by the DWP. The fact remains that your complaint was against the acessment company not the DWP so having a moan about the award you now have been accessed for and receiving from August 2018 you have had the chance to put in for a MR but that time frame as expired also. So reading the letter the DWP is right in what they have sent you.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Shlbly, I've removed the letter you've attached due to privacy issues with the information on there. 

Given your circumstances, I wonder if it would be best for you to give our helpline a call? You can reach them at 0808 800 3333 (free), or find other ways of getting in touch with them here. 
  • Shlbly
    Hi Pippa I’m not sure I understand why you removed it.
    i have already called the helpline last week, will try again next week. Thank you
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    If any of your personal information was showing on the letter you posted here then that could have been the reasons why it was removed. You should never show personal information like names, phone numbers, NI number extra on an internet forum.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Shlbly
    If any of your personal information was showing on the letter you posted here then that could have been the reasons why it was removed. You should never show personal information like names, phone numbers, NI number extra on an internet forum.
    There wasn’t any personal information, I had covered it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 58 Connected
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.