ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA

delise1
delise1 Community member Posts: 55 Connected
Hi everyone I really need someone to answer this question for me my partner moved in I inform the council and ESA they stopped my claim straight away I used to get ESA every two weeks £250 I was in the support group and they stopped at the money now I'm so stressed and depressed I'm still sick I cannot go to work the ESA people said that my partner works full time so I can't get any more pay from them I am still sick I don't know what to do can someone tell me if they well reinstate the  money I don't know what to do they send me a change of Circumstance form which has filled and sent back to them can somebody tell me if I will receive the money back or not thank you waiting for your reply

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm afraid you won't be paid any ESA as you live with a partner that works. The ESA you were claiming before your partner moved in with you seems like it was Income related and not contributions based. Income related benefits are means tested and your partners income from working means you're not entitled to any ESA payments. They will continue to pay your National insurance contributions towards your state pension but the re-assessment rules will still apply to you for these purposes, so please bare that in mind.

Do you claim PIP? PIP isn't means tested and your partner working won't stop a claim for this. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • delise1
    delise1 Community member Posts: 55 Connected
    Hi poppy 123456 thanks for your reply I really appreciate it. It's good to know that even though I am sick and cannot work and in the support group of ESA I won't be payed any money. I also received PIP which is the only money that buy food for our children. Thanks again 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    I realise it's not what you wanted to hear but household income goes against claiming a means tested benefit like Income related ESA. Thankfully, PIP isn't means tested.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness