Received Asseors report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Received Asseors report

lizzieloz30
lizzieloz30 Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
Hello,

Today I received my assesors report in the post and I scored 11 points on daily living & none for mobility.

I will be honest the report was pretty much spot on in regards to the obvervations in the daily living bit (although I spotted the occasional porkie, where she had played down what I had I told her).

The mobility bit she gave a detailed explanation which I do not think was accurate. Although she acknowledges I was clearly very distressed.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You'll need to wait for a decision but they mostly go with the report. If you don't agree with the decision then i'd advise you to get further advice before requesting the MR. Scoring points for the mobility part will of course depend how your conditions affect you. Are you claiming for physical health or something else?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, if has you have posted that the report was a good and accurate representation of your acessment, as for the mobility part you have not made clear what the explanation was from the acessor that you where not awarded any points for the mobility part of the acessment. Do you, have you been wrongly accessed in your opinion and should have been awarded either the lower or enhanced rate of the PIP mobility allowance. If this is the case then you need to phone the DWP,and comfirm in writing within the time frame stated in your official award letter stating the reason why you are requesting an MR.
  • lizzieloz30
    Hello,

@poppy123456 I'm claiming for mental health depression and anxiety. I told the lady I don't go out alone, my brother takes me where I need to go or goes shopping for me.

I also stated that in the case of an emergency for example my flat was on fire, then yes I could go outside the flat. 

I explained in in great detail how much I have to Psch myself up to go out and the distress it causes me. She acknowledges this in her description, but then I get 0 points. 

• poppy123456
    Then it's following and planning a journey that would apply to you. Did you have a home assessment or at one of the assessment centres and did you go alone?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • lizzieloz30
    Hello,

I went to an assessment centre with my friend & my friends brothers took us in his car. 
  • poppy123456
    Once the decision is made, if you don't agree then you have 28 days to request the MR. You should put your request in writing stating what you disagree with, stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why.

I don't advise ringing DWP and then sending the letter of request in at a later date. By doing this the DWP may not wait for the letter and extra evidence, i've heard this happen many times.

Expert advice is needed before doing anything because no one on an internet forum knows how your conditions affect you and it's extremely difficult to advise. Good luck.
  • lizzieloz30
    Thank you. Can I also just ask, day hypothetically the DWP agrees with the assessor and I'm awarded the daily living part. Will I not be paid this if im going to appeal? 
  • poppy123456
    Any award you have will be paid during the MR and Tribunal, even if the MR decision remains the same and most of them do. However, no one here can tell you if there's any risk to any award you may have when asking for the MR.
  • lizzieloz30
    Ok. I'm currently just on standard Universal Credit, but I'm in the process of applying for sick under UC. Thank you 
  • poppy123456
    A PIP award has no affect on a UC LCWRA claim.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.