Pip award letter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip award letter

pixie61
pixie61 Community member Posts: 67 Courageous
So after being on DLA for 11 years, I am now well enough not to get mobility part of pip. I do however get standard for help & care. The assessors report was full of lied & inaccuracies. I don’t qualify because in their opinion I was not unkempt, agitated or tense, I kept eye contact & could  plan & undertake a journey! How is most of that relevent to mobility? I did tell her I couldn’t plan a journey! I do get anxious if I drive to our local shops with him with me!! I now have to give our car up! The system stinks!! 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Sounds unfair but PIP is about your abilities not your disability, that said you must not have met the PIP descriptors regarding your mobility. If you think your acessment was wrongly awarded then put in for a MR by phone and follow it up with a letter within the time frame given in your award letter stating the reasons why you think the award is wrong and supporting it with evidence.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    wilko said:
     stating the reasons why you think the award is wrong and supporting it with evidence.

I have mentioned this before.
     I agree that DLA is different to PIP in how it is assessed.

Having said that if someone who has been in receipt of High Mobility of DLA for 11 years surely the DWP must explain why at least 10 points were not awarded for PIP. Yes the distance has been reduced from 50 metres (DLA) to 20 metres (PIP) in order to gain the ability to get a Motability car.

• pixie61
    Also, if I decide to go for MR, can I add a cover letter saying that the assessor report was full of lies & I feel unfair & unjust! She put down that she asked me to crouch & touch my toes. When she did not! She added that she rotated my legs & flexed my ankles, when she did not. The whole report was a joke, it’s not just about the discriptors & what I can do! 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,318 Disability Gamechanger
    DWP won't be interested in any lies told in the report. You need to concentrate on where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Giving 2-3 examples of what happened the last time you did or tried to do that activity.

Once the MR letter is sent, then make a complaint to the assessment providers.

Did they use your DLA file as evidence and did you send evidence yourself to support your claim?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • pixie61
    Ok, thank you for your reply & advice 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.