Help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help

hippedmilo
hippedmilo Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi, my son is mainstream with IEP'S school Action Plus Graduated Response Level 2/3. He has been at this school for 6years. Time and time again my son endures bullying and school have said that it is his perception or they do it for a reaction. Since September 2018, my son has not settled properly back into school and has had a plethora of incidents and school are being so unhelpful and discriminatory. Always blaming and always covering up. I've had enough as well as my son. He's so emotional and he needs support. School are horrible. They suggested that I find a new school but I'm going to fight the matter with lots of support but I'm doing everything else single handed. My son is my priority. Any advice please. Please note I'm very vulnerable and I can't cope with judgmental or negative feedback.

Comments

• topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    Hi @hippedmilo a warm welcome and i am so sorry to hear about this , i say they want you to find a new school so it is brushed under the carpet as the saying gos , you can always go above their heads to the county council, i would  write a letter and keep a copy of it with date on , i do not like any type of bullying full stop  x
  • topshoes
    edited November 2018
    i dont know @yadnad can help you 
  • hippedmilo
    Yes been brushed under the carpet again. Not the first time either. I've got a meeting with school coming up. I'm taking my local assembly member from Welsh assembly. Plus taking SNAP Cymru in. School don't like me because I know what I'm on about. I'm in uni studying education, psychology and special educational needs. Plus I'm a qualified nursery manager. I've fought hard for what is in place now (supposedly anyway).
  • topshoes
    edited November 2018
    you need to write down dates and what happend ,good for you , you stick to your guns , so is it uni your son under, sorry  read that wrong your in uni  , you done very well, yes you have to work hard to get where you want to get 
  • hippedmilo
    @topshoes who or what is @Yadnad?

I don't qualify for any additional support because of what is on paper. I don't have a social worker or a health visitor. I have had referrals made and they all have come back as a no because of what is on paper.
    On paper is:
    IEP- school action plus graduated response level 2/3 focused on BSED. Behavioural Support Teacher educational psychologist.
    Attends cubs,
    Attends swimming club for children with Additional Learning Needs.
    Goes to supervised contact subject to terms and conditions of contact which I do myself.
    Under incontinence service
    Under community paediatric consultant.
  • topshoes
    edited November 2018
    yadnad is  another person on here who might be able to advise you , hes ok 
  • topshoes
    you have done very well 
  • hippedmilo
    @topshoes. No my son is in year 5 of primary school.
    Yes I'm currently studying at Cardiff Metropolitan University. 
    I've had no other choice but to keep doing what I'm doing. I do write everything down. I've got a record of every letter, every email I've sent the school. I've written down notes of when I was at some meetings.
  • Naturalparent8
    Naturalparent8 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Ask for the schools bullying policy go through it pull them up on what they haven't done quoting their policy back at them tell them if it continues you will involve the police. 
  • topshoes
    @hippedmilo looks like you got your head on your shoulders , and you got control of the situation , which is fabulous , your son is only young too , if they think they can get away with it they will properly be like that when they are in  adult life , adult bullying  is disgraceful in any shape and form and when they are a child doing it  
  • samuelmenkens
    samuelmenkens Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Gotta go now.... I will read everything later.

Brightness