Pip / Capita - When will it ever end — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip / Capita - When will it ever end

ConnorBrum
ConnorBrum Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi All, 
I was on DLA and was sent a letter from the DWP in 2017, I replied to these letters and filled in all the paperwork. 
The DWP then sent my case to Capita for them to do an assessment, I informed Capita that I was housebound and that I would need a Assessment to take place at my home. 
Capita agreed and sent me a date for a Assessment, But there DA failed to attend and then lied saying that I wasn't in even though I was housebound. 
Capita informed me that because I had failed to attend an Assessment the case had been sent back to the DWP, The DWP then terminated my dla and refused my PIP. 
I did complain to Capita but there Complaint s Handler failed to log the complaint and has since left the company. 
I filled for a Mandatory Reconsideration but that didn't get them to change there decision, In the end I got my local MP involved which has now resulted in the case been sent back to capita for a paper based assessment, They admitted in the final response of the complaint that the DA has lied by making up information about my properly and the DA had now left the company, I have also complained to ICE as the DA lie has resulted in 9 Months of Lost DLA and they have also told me after sending the complaint response upholding the complaint a call handler repeated told me that I had missed an assessment. 
The paper based assessment has now been completed by Capita and the DWP are waiting for a Case Manager to make a decision, The MP has been assured the case will be looked at ASAP. 
I have a Progressive Nurological Condition and several mental health conditions, I use a wheelchair all the time as I cannot walk and have to use ceilings hoist for transfers. 
Hopefully I will have a decision soon! 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ConnorBrum welcome to the community! Sorry for what you have experienced! Do keep us updated and fingers crossed you hear back soon! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    So sorry to hear that my son was ment to have a home vist on the 30th of October and no one came gave me alsorts of excuses and now say its under investigation I think that's what they are going to try and say also as they called and asked questions about my house they didn't care the stress and damage they do. I hope you get a good outcome after all that. 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Taking the cases of nonattendance right through the complaints procedure and winning looks like it is the only way, it would be nice if cases are proven the legal system was involved to prosecute the individuasi for theri false statements and reporting. The company's also.
  • ConnorBrum
    wilko said:
    Taking the cases of nonattendance right through the complaints procedure and winning looks like it is the only way, it would be nice if cases are proven the legal system was involved to prosecute the individuasi for theri false statements and reporting. The company's also.
    This is totally true, If you contact the DWP they will not have anything to do with it even though its there contractor. I provided a statement from my carer to confirm they didn't arrive and my phone call records to prove the DA didn't call me like they stated. 

• Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    This is just sick. Seems to be a policy if it's happening to so many people...
  • ConnorBrum
    Update: 
    Today I recieved a letter from the DWP to tell me they have changed there decision and awarded me 16 Points for Daily Living and 22 Point for Mobility, This means that I have been awarded Enhanced daily living and Enhanced Mobility. 
    I am really pleased to say its finally over until the review in 5 years, They have already arranged the backpayment for 9 Months ago and It will be paid in a few days. 
  • Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    That's great news well done 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.