Does motability advance still apply if I'm having the same (but newer) car? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does motability advance still apply if I'm having the same (but newer) car?

Options
DFH
DFH Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2018 in Transport and travel
I am coming to the end of my second lease on the Motability scheme.  The perfect car for me was the Hyundai ix2o and had NIL advance.  My second car was the same (different colour) again NIL advance ..  I am looking to have the same again but noticed the Advance is now £599.  Does that still apply if I am still having the same car but newer
Regards

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @DFH

Welcome to are Community.

I have managed to find you some info “Motability Scheme”

https://www.motability.co.uk/

Please please let me know if I can help you further???
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Yes i'm afraid the advance payment will apply and will need to be paid on collection of the car, if that's the car of your choice. There's lots of other cars available with no advance payments if you'd rather not pay that much.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Motability change the vehicles they offer and the costs of the AP every 3 months.
  • GeorgiaVine
    GeorgiaVine Community member Posts: 24 Courageous
    Options
    Yes it does, you will need to make them aware
    2nd Year OT Student@sheffhallumuni|Course Rep| Disabled Activist|Ambassador for @cpteensuk| georgia@notsoterriblepalsy.com| Disability Game Changer 

Brightness