Had my pip assessment yesterday. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Had my pip assessment yesterday.

Options
Eadiesmummy1
Eadiesmummy1 Community member Posts: 90 Courageous
I recently bit the bullet and after a 9 week wait i finally had my pip assessment yesterday. I have hemipilegic migraines, benign intracranial hypertension, trigeminal neuralgia on the right side, blepharitis and facial hypesthesia which is unexplained at the moment on my left side and my periphial vision is also damaged, im only 22 so was reluctant to put myself down as "limited" in the things i can do. the assessor was nice, tried tripping me up a few times and strangely found no reflex in my left leg (strange). i sent in loads of evidence. the assessor told me her daughter had benign intracranial hypertension and got better without medication, and that some of the medication i take (pregabalin) is the same as she takes herself. i do take many other meds that i wont bore you all with. 
my question is how long did you all wait from the assessment period to the decision? and how can i obtain a copy of the assessors report? 
many thanks, Laura x 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,262 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

Wait about a week and then ring to ask for a copy of the assessment report. There's no timescales to decisions it all depends on the backlog in your area. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lizzieloz30
    lizzieloz30 Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
    Options
    Hi, 

I had my f2f on thur 25th October. Got a text on Friday the 25th to say the DWP had my report & rang on the Monday for a copy. My report arrived yesterday. 

Just waiting for a decision now. & as for the tripping up, the lady that I had tried doing that to me. But I was pleasently surprised when my report arrived as it was pretty accurate, she did lie on the mobility part though. I scored 11 points for the daily living part. 
  • Eadiesmummy1
    Eadiesmummy1 Community member Posts: 90 Courageous
    Options
    Hi guys, thank you for your replies. I just think the waiting is so nerve wracking at times. Thanks for the info poppy and lizzie i hope everything goes well for you! do they combine both the report plus the form also to come to a decision? i wonder as the assessor just pretty much asked me the same questions as the questionaire did x 
  • lizzieloz30
    lizzieloz30 Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
    Options
    I think so. I've read on here that majority of the time the DM goes with the report, but not always. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,262 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi guys, thank you for your replies. I just think the waiting is so nerve wracking at times. Thanks for the info poppy and lizzie i hope everything goes well for you! do they combine both the report plus the form also to come to a decision? i wonder as the assessor just pretty much asked me the same questions as the questionaire did x 
    They rely heavily on the recommendations in the report, it's rare to go against it but it does happen.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.