My First PIP Assessment is on November 29th need advice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My First PIP Assessment is on November 29th need advice

Options
Spibes
Spibes Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
I applied for PIP because I struggle to travel even with the bus pass I have it's a nightmare unless someone I know is with me, I can't make any budgeting decisions whatsoever with my Mum and Grandma helping me with that and I need reminding constantly by text or in person to take my medication and to do basic things like eating sometimes. 

I suffer from depression, anxiety and severe migraines which are always present even on good days and I was recently diagnosed with Autism and I just received a lengthy copy of my full report for my diagnosis which my mum scanned off at the job centre to send to add to my ESA claim. 

I really need some advice, are these pip assessments worse than ESA? (Maximus assessed me for ESA and ATOS is assessing me for PIP) should I bring in my full autism diagnosis report which does verify things like bright lights effecting my concentration etc as evidence to the face to face? What should I say and what if anything could I score on? I would be happy with the standard rate of PIP as my mum told me it would help cover the shortfall in my rent due to the rent being reduced for the spare room I have also it help with travel and food expenses and for me to live more independently. I had no choice to accept this flat as I was homeless, my mum also helped me apply for Discretionary housing payments in the meantime. 

Any tips and I be eternally grateful, I really appreciate it thank you, I also just sent my ESA50 off and that was recieved on November 7th which is a reassessment I've been on ESA support group since November 2016. 

I'm incredibly anxious about going and would love some advice. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Have you taken a look at the PIP descriptors? No one on an internet forum can tell you what you could score points on because we don't know exactly how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors. See them here.

You can certainly try to hand in more evidence on the day of your assessment but don't be surprised if it's not accepted. This has happened to alot of people, including myself.

During the assessment you'll be asked questions about how your conditions affect you based on the descriptors. No one can tell you what you should say because again, we don't know how your conditions affect you.  They will watch you from the time you arrive to the time you leave, so be aware of that.

It's pretty much the same sort of thing as ESA but for a different benefit, with different criteria. For me ESA is worse than PIP.

As with ESA about a week after the assessment you can ring DWP to ask for a copy of the  assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they most go with the report.

Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Spibes
    Spibes Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
    Options
    Thank you Poppy I will take all of that into account. 

It seems social engagement and my lack of budgeting skills are my criteria for a potential award reading what you linked. 

Fingers crossed thank you. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.