Help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help

Options
Nicolawaddington
Nicolawaddington Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi i need help my husband had an esa interview and afterwards was told he scored 0 points and our esa money stopped we were told to appeal if we wernt happy with the decision and that we had to claim universal credit now he has been called in for a pip assesment which wasnt due until next year is this because of esa stopping today my husband received a letter from esa saying he has won his appeal and are awarding him 15 points just for mobility do i show this letter to the person who is doing the pip assesment 

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    For a start you will normally start to reclaim PIP 12 months before the end date of the current award.
    Yes you can show it to the DWP as evidence. But whether it is relevant is another matter - ESA and PIP have totally different criteria.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PIP awards are reviewed 1 year before the award is due to end. You say he's been sent an appointment for an assessment? He should have received review forms to fill in and return with all the evidence to support a claim, was this received?

He can certainly take the ESA Tribunal decision letter with him, whether they accept it or not is a totally different matter. They are different benefits. If he currently has Enhanced mobillity for PIP then the ESA award isn't going to help because the distance for both is totally different. For PIP it's no more than 20 metres and for ESA it's no more than 50 metres.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Nicolawaddington
    Nicolawaddington Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.