CLARIFICATION ON PIP REVIEW TIME — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

CLARIFICATION ON PIP REVIEW TIME

Options
markyboy
markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
A while back i posted that i had won my tribunal and because the judge had awarded PIP until the end of the award the DWP could not review my award 12 months prior to the end date.                   Various members posted that this was not true and the DWP can review you at any time even if the judge states that you are entitled to PIP till the end date .                                                             I have today spoke to the DWP appeals team who explained that it is their policy to review awards set by them 12 month's prior to the end date but if you were awarded a new award set by a  tribunal you will be sent review forms 14 weeks before the end date of your award.                     

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Look like you have cleared the muddy waters, if you want answers go to the top. The DWP have told you crystal clear what their policy is but I expect it’s varaible.
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Options
    It would be interesting to know if any members have won a tribunal and still been reviewed 12 months before the end date 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,048 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Never heard of anyone.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.