CLARIFICATION ON PIP REVIEW TIME — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

CLARIFICATION ON PIP REVIEW TIME

Options
markyboy
markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
A while back i posted that i had won my tribunal and because the judge had awarded PIP until the end of the award the DWP could not review my award 12 months prior to the end date.                   Various members posted that this was not true and the DWP can review you at any time even if the judge states that you are entitled to PIP till the end date .                                                             I have today spoke to the DWP appeals team who explained that it is their policy to review awards set by them 12 month's prior to the end date but if you were awarded a new award set by a  tribunal you will be sent review forms 14 weeks before the end date of your award.                     

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Check your award letter, if !2 months it is for a review but 14 weeks is to make a new claim. Usually you will have to complete a new PIP 2 form in either case but be aware that 14 weeks is not much time to complete a new claim

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • markyboy
    Options
    Yes it does say i will be invited to apply for PIP 14 weeks prior to the end, but as delays are getting longer i will ring them 20 weeks prior as you say if the award ends before another one starts i will have no payments
  • jjdd70
    jjdd70 Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    Options
    did u contact them over the 14 weeks date yet

• markyboy
    Options
    No i do not need to now as i am 67 and will not be assessed anymore
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    markyboy said:
    No i do not need to now as i am 67 and will not be assessed anymore
    Are you absolutely sure?
    Until the changes actually happen lots of things can change. It's a question of not counting your chickens before they hatch. It may well be the case that only those with the highest awards of PIP will get an automatic 10 year award.
    I cannot see the government giving way to a 'lifetime award' for anyone - that could cause a 'them and us' problem for those under 65. It's probably a maximum of 10 years.
    We should wait to see what transpires after the dust has settled. 
  • jjdd70
    jjdd70 Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    Options
    amber rudd new ruling takes this into a THEM AND US situation  which in my eyes makes us feel like the older generation are telling the truth and younger ones are liars. i mean no one bite my head off but how many of the people that committed suicide last year and before were of a younger age than older age?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.