Benifit stopped — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Benifit stopped

Options
Wozwench
Wozwench Community member Posts: 9 Connected
Hi n thanks for the add. No ESA since 14 September. Stopped due to the lies off the dwp assesser lying. Sand I showed no signs of depression and anxiety and I appeared to show no signs of being in pain. Loads more lies. My depresion and my anxiety worse due to stress my meds have increased. Many tearful night. Can't even concentrate enuf to make calls and fill forms in

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Have you requested a Mandatory Reconsideration? What benefits are you claiming now?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Wozwench
    I am sorry to hear you are having such a tough time, as you say you are feeling overwhelmed in filling in forms, perhaps it would help to speak to someone at our helpline? You can call them on 0808 800 3333
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Wozwench Difficult as things are, you do need to act as soon as you can to challenge this decision. All is not lost - if your health is such that you have not been able to seek advice before now, then the DWP should still accept a late request for a mandatory reconsideration.  Do seek advice and support with this so you are not struggling to do this yourself.  Advice UK has a facility to search for an advice centre near you: http://www.adviceuk.org.uk/looking-for-advice/find-advice/  or if you are in a housing association property, some of these have a team which offers benefit advice, or find your local citizen's advice.  Please do seek advice, many decisions are simply not correct and should be challenged, you are not alone and help is out there to support you.
    The Benefits Training Co:

• PTSDdisabled
    PTSDdisabled Posts: 41 Connected
    Options
    Wozwench said:
    Hi n thanks for the add. No ESA since 14 September. Stopped due to the lies off the dwp assesser lying. Sand I showed no signs of depression and anxiety and I appeared to show no signs of being in pain. Loads more lies. My depresion and my anxiety worse due to stress my meds have increased. Many tearful night. Can't even concentrate enuf to make calls and fill forms in
    Wozwench.

If you have access to a computer look up:

LawWorks

https://www.lawworks.org.uk/legal-advice-individuals

You can search for a Law centre near to you, where you can get assistance with Benefits.

I found 15 Law centres within 10 miles of where I live.

Here is a video from The Mary Ward Centre, London.

What to do if you fail an ESA medical assessment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKwgX4IjIWU&feature=youtu.be
  • Wozwench
    Options
    Thanks for advice I will sort out tomorrow morning 
  • Wozwench
    Options
    poppy123456 said:
    Hi,

Have you requested a Mandatory Reconsideration? What benefits are you claiming now?
    Hi,

I had and failed MR I'm only getting pip at min got UC appointment on 16th. I'm in middle of trying to get my head from up my butt, struggling to get in right mind mens up to max.
  • Wozwench
    Options
    Also stopped my housing benefit to 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Claiming UC means you won't be able to go back onto assessment rate for ESA while waiting for the Tribunal. Any premiums you were receiving on ESA will not be paid on UC. You'll need to send fit/sick note from your GP to claim LCWRA for UC. When claiming UC you're signing a claimant commitment but the fit note and your PIP award doesn't automatically turn off your work commitments for UC. This will depend on your work coach how many hours your asked to do. If you don't complete the hours then you'll be sanctioned. You would have been better off not claiming UC, waiting for the Tribunal to accept your ESA appeal and then go back onto assessment rate for ESA.

You could have claimed housing benefit by filling out a nil income form and your housing benefit would have continued.

As you've now claimed UC then your housing benefit will transfer to this and it's all paid as a monthly payment. It takes at least 5 weeks for your first payment of UC and then it's paid monthly. You'll need to take a copy of your tenancy agreement to your job centre to be paid the housing element of UC.

Council tax reduction isn't part of UC and you need to make sure you claim the separately.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • PTSDdisabled
    PTSDdisabled Posts: 41 Connected
    Options
    Wozwench said:
    Also stopped my housing benefit to 
    Hi, Sorry to hear of your ongoing difficulties, have you managed to get some places where they can assist you? They may even do it over the phone. Kepp going, I managed to get some results after a year!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.