Think I’m getting the wrong benefits — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Think I’m getting the wrong benefits

Pamkelly1980
Pamkelly1980 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi, I currently receive Income related ESA support group at £73.10 plus disability income guarantee at £16.40 and support group premium of £37.65, which totals £127.15 per week. I also get PIP daily living at £57.30 and mobility at £22.65. My friend was helping me go over my income and she thought I should be getting a severe disability premium at £64.30 on top of my ESA so instead of getting £127.15 I should be getting £191.45 per week plus PIP income. Does anyone know if this is right or not. I am a single person with no other income. 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, your PIP and ESA are two different bento related in any way, shape or form. As for your severe disability premium this will have been shown on your award letter how your weekly payment was,is made up. If you have any worries or concerns your first port of call is phone the DWP and ask for an explanation of your benefits payments. As the DWP will have all your details to hand.
  • Pamkelly1980
    Thanks for your reply, I was really just looking to see what people thought before I went to speak to DWP.
  • Pamkelly1980
    I Don’t have a disability premium and was wondering if I should?
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Try putting your details into one of the online benefit calculators. Then get a full benefits check from CAB or similar
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pamkelly1980
    edited November 2018
    Thanks Cockney Rebel, I’ve done 2 benefit calculators and they are all saying I should be getting total ESA of £191.45 and I’m only getting £121.15 difference being the £64.30 which is the disability premium, going to phone the DWP in the morning something is not right. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,367 Disability Gamechanger
    If no one claims Carers Allowance for looking after you and you live alone, or classed as living alone then there should be no reasons why you're not entitled to SDP. You need to ring ESA and ask to fill out the IS10 form over the phone. It can be back dated to the start of your PIP claim providing you qualified for it at that time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pamkelly1980
    Thanks Poppy I’ll do that, I have been on these benefits of at least 3 years. So fingers crossed xx 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.