No points for PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

No points for PIP

nette
nette Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have just joined

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nette welcome to the community! Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • nette
    I have arthritis from my neck spine, hips knees & feet. So I can't stand or walk  outside my home. Also I have under active. Thyroid. COPD  fibromyalgia so get chronic fatigue. I live in assisted housing.  I applied for pip But have been given no points. For disability. Feeling very depressed about the whole thing.

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear this, will you be appealing the decision for PIP?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nette

Good Afternoon it’s great to meet you today!!!!!

We have got some great info & advice on “pip” our site.

I can offer my help with these if that would help????
  • nette
    I have spoken to DWP & they told me the reason why I didn’t get points they didn’t have any updates from my doctor the assessor didn’t send the forms to the doctor.

• steve51
    Hi @nette

“That’s awful”

What is your next step if you don’t mind ????

I’m still very very happy in helping you if you want/need??

Please please let me know as two heads are better than one ☝️ ☝️
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nette, and a warm welcome to the community! Great to have you here.

So sorry to hear about your PIP outcome, that must have been really disappointing. If you do decide to appeal and you'd like any assistance, do let us know and we'll advise where we can.
  • nette
    Thank you very much I will let you know if I need help.
  • nette
    It’s the doctor I have to wait for the letter to send DWP. 
  • steve51
    Hi @nette

Have you seen your doc about this????
  • nette
    Yes but she was not happy about not getting the form to fill out.but DWP said it was the asseser that should’ve sent to the doctor for my medical records.
  • steve51
    Hi @nette

Yea that sounds about right!!!!!!!
  • nette
    I am not able too do anything till I get a letter. Thank you so much for your offer to help me.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,343 Disability Gamechanger
    They very rarely contact anyone for evidence. The onus is on you to prove the descriptors apply and not their responsibility to prove you qualify.

PIP isn't about a diagnosis and that list including any medications you take will not help you get a PIP award.

It's about how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities against the PIP descriptors.

You now have 28 days to request the MR. You should put this in writing, stating what you disagree with and where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Giving at least 2-3 recent examples of what happened the last time you did that a activity. Send the letter with all your evidence that proves how your conditions affect you.

I'd advise you to get further help with the MR and Tribunal, if you get this far and most people do. Search what's available in your area, welfare rights, CAB or possibly a law centre.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    I suggest that you ask for mandatory reconsideration and then appeal if necessary.  My tribunal placed most weight on my own testimony.  They also placed weight on my medical evidence but this was 19 years old - so recent medical evidence is not essential, depending on your conditions.  I have rheumatoid arthritis.

PIP is paid for how your conditions affect you not for the conditions themselves.  Your conditions have to fit certain descriptors.  Take a look at the descriptors list on Disability Rights site.  And try to get f2f help from CAB or similar or local authority welfare rights.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    The main thimg now is to crack on with the MR. Did you use any online tools to self assess and identify the points you ought to have scored? 
    Hi Mike, are these online tools accurate? I tried a couple including the Benefit & Work one and all of them gave differing scores.

These ranged from enhanced for both components to standard for both components and everything in between.

In reality neither worked as you well know.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,343 Disability Gamechanger
    They are only accurate if you fully understand the PIP descriptors and what they mean, not everyone does. In my opinion this leaves the self tests inaccurate.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • nette
    The letter I’m waiting for from my doctor is about how my conditions affect my disability. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.