deafness and call centers — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

deafness and call centers

sarah_eldo
sarah_eldo Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi all, i am new to the community. I am partically deaf, completely in one ear partially in the other. BT are refusing to cancel my tv and broadband package with online chat and email. I have explained that i am dead but they still refuse. I feel like this is discrimination. Have others encountered this? What should i do? 

Comments

• topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    edited November 2018
    Hi @sarah-eldo a warm welcome , i am sorry your having problems , yes i had probs  to with them and i had them for years , is there no one else who  can phone up for you  but you be there with them , i think you have to give them a month notice , you could write to them and keep cope of the letter you sent , hope this helps. 
  • sarah_eldo
    sarah_eldo Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi there, thanks so much. I have written to them. I have now emailed as well. I have used the online chat multiple times. I can get someone to call for me but it frustrates me that I have too!!! It is hard to believe that I still have to do this. I really appreciate the support. It is a comfort to know I am not alone. 
  • topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    edited November 2018
    that is fine @sarah-eldo when who you get to phone them, they will ask for your permission for them to talk to her /him , if i can be of any help please  let me know , x

Brightness