Pip tribunal soon — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip tribunal soon

nlindenj
nlindenj Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi all, 
I have my pip tribunal on the 30th on Nov. I have a meeting with my Cab contact on the 16th of Nov to go through what will happen and to send in any evidence. In the meantime while waiting for a date I have been awarded Lcwwra from a Mr decision. I was wondering if this will have any bearing on the decision for my pip tribunal? I was awarded 15 points for 'consuness' with risk being taken into consideration on certain discriptors from the lcwwra. In the pip assessment I scored 0 points across the board. I suffer from tonic clonic epilepsy. 

Comments

• nlindenj
    nlindenj Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Please excuse my spelling of consciousness
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Please dont be bothered by misspelings. It happens to us all.
    Youl find we just carry on and people put the correct word in themselves.
    A few if us have arthrits. Fibro all sorts that interfer with our hands and speling 
  • Paul7210
    Paul7210 Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    edited November 2018
    As misscloe said don't worry about mis-spelling and fully understandable if you have uncontrolled epilepsy. Good luck with your appeal remember though having epilepsy doesn't mean you're entitled to PIP as it's based on your care/support needs and normally your condition has to be uncontrolled. There is also the 50% rule where you must require care and support at least 50% of the time. i'm guessing you meet this criteria as CAB have been helping you. My wife has severe epilepsy too, but a copy of her care plan through adult social care helped our claim. Good Luck.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.